Late this summer, 3dcart started rolling out the anticipated upgrade to their SaaS ecommerce platform, version 8.
In this major release, 3dcart has added many new features as well as updated key areas of the platform that will excite you if you’re already on the platform and entice you if you are thinking about switching platforms.
While not limited to this list, here are the top 8 features of Version 8:
- Core Template Engine
- Product Reviews
- Google Customer Reviews
- Sales Rep and Commission Management
- Payment Integrations
- Buy Button Anywhere
- Facebook Dynamic Ads
1. Core Template Engine
Don’t worry if you don’t understand what it is…your dev team will be thanking you because they will have better, faster tools now at their disposal.
Other Core Template highlights include:
- Better Page Layouts – Improvements to the product grid for better layout and visitor engagement as well as the core conversion pages: product page, shopping cart and checkout pages.
- Increased AJAX Functionality – Again, dev talk but what it allows is your site to process data and web interactions faster than your competition
- Code Blocks and Variables – Global variables and reusable code snippets will save time, money and headaches of building your store. Makes updating easier too.
Very few SaaS ecommerce software handle pre-orders with great efficiency and ease. Version 8 includes a new module that will give you the opportunity to provide better order management as well as better customer service (for that all-important review for your store!). Just in time for the holiday season.
Prior to Version 8, most people had to use the “Allow Backorders” as a workaround solution.
3. Product Reviews
We all know reviews are the new gold for customer engagement, brand building and SEO. With Version 8, 3dcart has revamped the product review system to help you better manage your outstanding feedback from your customers. Customers can now upload images as part of their review which can really help you develop unique and real online engagement (again, which the big G loves).
It will allow you to only accept reviews from verified buyers (other options: any user, registered user) as well as customize the email the buyer receives. A must-have module for any ecommerce store.
4. Google Customer Reviews
Google Customer Reviews is a free program that allows Google to collect seller reviews (ratings and feedback) on your behalf from your customers. The surveys contribute to your merchant seller rating and will get aggregated with other review sources.
Upon completion and signup, you will be able to display a badge on your store.
5. Sales Rep and Commission Management
I have run into many clients that needed a sales rep and commission management system within their ecommerce system. Most ecommerce platforms only have very remedial commission functionality, aka a custom field for the rep’s name and then you export your data and do all your calculations in Excel.
Version 8 will include a sales dashboard for each rep where all their clients and their transactions will be visible. Commissions and reporting will also be included.
6. Payment Integrations
Customers want to give you their money. Offering multiple methods can ease their buying friction. In v8, 3dcart has boosted the number of payment methods!
- zipPay – zipPay is a safe, simple and 100% interest-free payment solution powered by zipMoney Payments. zipPay gives you the ability to buy now, and pay later for purchases – without a credit card. Once approved, you get access to a new shopping account that allows you to pay back with total flexibility over time. It’s simple to use and specifically designed to help you manage your online spending.
- Authorize.Net – The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway is available 24/7 for processing transactions. They also offer several value-adding services to assist merchants in managing their businesses and protecting themselves from fraud. Additionally, the free, Authorize.Net Verified Merchant Seal can be added to a merchant's website to help build consumer confidence.
- Worldpay – Worldpay is a global leader in payments processing technology and solutions for international merchant customers. They operate reliable and secure proprietary technology platforms that enable merchants to accept a vast array of payment types, across multiple channels, anywhere in the world.Worldpay has been a pioneer in card payments, multi-currency processing, online payments and contactless, and is aiming to lead the way in expanding global reach, data analytics and optimization, and the emerging field of integrated payments.
- Apple Pay – Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service by Apple Inc. that lets users make payments using an iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad or Mac. Apple Pay does not require Apple Pay-specific contactless payment terminals and can work with existing contactless terminals.When you make a purchase, Apple Pay uses a device-specific number and unique transaction code. Your credit card number is never stored on your device or their servers, and when you pay, your card numbers are never shared by Apple with the merchants.Unlike paying with a physical card, using Apple Pay in stores happens in seconds with your iPhone and Apple Watch. Just hold your iPhone near the reader with your finger on Touch ID or double-click the side button on your Apple Watch, then hold it near the reader.
- Square – Square Checkout lets merchants accept online payments using a checkout workflow hosted by Square. With SSL support, chargeback protection, and a beautiful UI in one integration, Checkout simplifies the process of accepting online payments. Features include the same rate for all major cards, no monthly fees, no hidden fees, full PCI compliance included, deposits in one to two business days, instant deposits available, chargeback protection and payment dispute assistance.
- Factor4 – Factor4 is a leading provider of stored value solutions for the entire merchant ecosystem. Their competitive edge is realized by the fact that they operate a vertically integrated technology platform that securely processes all loyalty transactions in real-time at the point-of-sale. They specialize in the design, implementation, and distribution of custom gift & loyalty cards on behalf of clients. Additionally, they provide business consultation to create the most effective gift and loyalty program to increase sales and profit.
- CenPOS – CenPOS redefines payment processing for businesses of all sizes. Their customized cloud-based solutions power all payment functions with speed, agility, security, and ease. Your current banking relationships are not disrupted, and your customers enjoy the freedom of optimized acceptance across all payment channels.One solution powers all payment functions. Seamlessly accept funds face-to-face, online, within the call center, and enabled consumer devices. Cash, credit, debit, gift cards, checks, and alternative payments–traditional and digital channels are all processed by a single CenPOS suite.
7. Buy Button Anywhere
In today’s online marketplace, you want to be able to capture that conversion excitement and help that prospect buy, buy, buy! Unfortunately, you’re typically left with a link to your product page and then hope they will add your product to their cart.
Some ways you could use this new feature:
- Highlight a product on your blog and include the buy button within the post or sidebar.
- Integrate a product into your email marketing newsletter and having the ability to buy directly from within the campaign.
- Co-marketing opportunities with key strategic partners or vendors and driving direct sales.
8. Facebook Dynamic Ads
If paid marketing ads are part of your budget you’ve inevitably considered Facebook. While not for every store, Facebook advertising can drive greater revenue and sales if you can target the right person.
This is where Facebook Dynamic Ads come into play. Using their treasure trove of your personalized data, Facebook can display your products in a very customized and targeted manner. Limiting campaign waste is a key element to maintaining your advertising budget.
Some of the criteria you can control:
- Which product pages they viewed
- How far they completed the order process
- If they added the product to their shopping cart
- Following their activity regardless of which device they use and how many
With 3dcart Version 8, you can connect your product catalog directly to Facebook and be up and operating in minutes.
To learn more about all the benefits and features of Version 8, visit the official 3dcart announcement.