PDA

View Full Version : Google AdWords tracking pixel to track conversions.

Dan2357
11-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Is anyone tracking conversion value in AdWords? I am trying to capture the SubTotal in my AdWords account.
I currently have the code pasted into article #49 the pre text article on the order finished page. It worked for the first order we received after i put the code in and then stopped.
Should this code be in article 49 or should it be in 130 the ROI_Javascripts??? not sure why it worked once and then stopped. any thoughts? or suggestions?

Thanks
Dan

jmartyka
11-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Article 130.

GentleBath
12-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Hello,

I was just trying to set this up tonight too. Do I have to make any changes to the snippet I got from AW? Could I also add this for email sign-up? If so do you where? I am new here - have been pulling my hair out trying to get everything I used to have on an old site (OsC) set up again.

Thank,

Brenda
The Gentle Bath & Company

jmartyka
12-03-2012, 04:07 PM
The snippet from Google is fine as long as you add the value Order[2] as shown here in Adwords so that you can make decisions based on revenue:

For an email signup you would create another separate conversion tracker with the conversion tracking type set to signup. That code would go on the page people are taken to after clicking your sign up button. Personally, I don't want that clouding my decisions in AdWords. Revenue is king and I don't want to have to segment out email subscribers vs buyers. I'd rather track these in analytics.

GentleBath
12-03-2012, 07:32 PM
THANK YOU!!! These are the things that drive me crazy in they are so simple, but unless you know that one little bit to change your sunk. Or in my case-trying to figure out Googleese Help for hours!

GentleBath
12-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Oh yeah - also good idea to put the email sign-up in GA! I'm with you on the AW-it's a love-hate thing with me as it is!

Dan2357
12-04-2012, 01:40 PM
The snippet from Google is fine as long as you add the value Order[2] as shown here in Adwords so that you can make decisions based on revenue:

For an email signup you would create another separate conversion tracker with the conversion tracking type set to signup. That code would go on the page people are taken to after clicking your sign up button. Personally, I don't want that clouding my decisions in AdWords. Revenue is king and I don't want to have to segment out email subscribers vs buyers. I'd rather track these in analytics.

Do you recommend this method over adding the value into the code that gets put into article 130? Right now I have on my site the adwords code in article 130 and I replaced the var google_conversion_value = 0; to be
var google_conversion_value = $(SubTotal);

I also replaced the 0 in the URL sting at bottom of code.

wondering which way i should be doing it?

MikeEric
02-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Can anyone confirm that putting the conversion value of

Order[2]
Will work?