PDA

View Full Version : Making use of traffic to info pages

Ben
07-03-2012, 02:31 AM
I wrote a how to guide related to one of our products, it was intended as link bait and it worked well, but it did better than I was expecting and is now pulling in over 500 uniques a day. Trouble is the conversion rate is very low compared to the rest of the site.

I'm not surprised, people searching the terms that this page ranks for are quite some way up the sales funnel and probably a few days from purchasing.

My question is what can I do to get maximum benefit from the 15,000 or so visitors a month I'm pulling in?

I've already done the following:

FB and G+ buttons to encourage sharing and likes/+1s
Links to the appropriate products (I'm split testing CTAs with website optimiser)
Added adwords remarketing code to the page so I can show product ads to previous visitors and hopefully pull them back in to the sales funnel later
Put most of the page on cloudfront to reduce bandwidth costs

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

shamieya
07-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Maybe put an aggressive email capture on the page so you can get emails from these people; Perhaps Facebook comments so people can comment and it will post to their Facebook page

AWCthreads
07-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Ben, would you mind sharing a link to the page so we can see it? Might help spur some ideas.

Ben
07-05-2012, 02:24 PM
No problem, the page is here:
How To Dip Dye Your Hair (http://www.crazyhaircolour.com/dip-dye-how-to-a/254.htm)

ritchey
07-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Offer a whilte paper or something free in exchange for them giving them your E-Mail.

AWCthreads
07-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Just some thoughts:

1. Your first link goes to Directions. Color the text a shade of blue to set it off. Great link to all of the Directions products.

2. Add another link to the Colours category and color the link text. Currently, your Colours category links goes to some products that are far fewer in number than your Crazy Colour category in the left nav.

3. Perhaps link directly to the "best selling" products in their respective categories. Since you have category links in the text i in your "how to" guide at the top, have them click right to a product for the sale at the bottom.

4. Use a call to action for the individual products at the bottom of the page (the black/white block is not easy on the eye for me). You might say something like, "Buy our most popular dye now and save 10%" or "get free shipping" or some other compelling reason to purchase.

5. I think you can do a lot to beef up your related products on the product pages.

6. Your how-to-guide is excellent. I clicked on some of the products and did not see any links to the guide. How come?

7. Do you have any pictures of the different stages of applying the product? It might be nice to insert a few images to demonstrate how the process works - eye candy may compel sales as well.

Great work and good luck!!

Ben
07-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Awesome, thanks for all the input guys.
I'm going to create a couple of new versions of the page based on your feedback and split test them.
It's so nice to see that the spirit of helping people out - the best thing about the old forums - is still alive and well here.