PDA

View Full Version : Bid Adjustments by Location

GentleBath
08-26-2013, 08:43 PM
I called the AdWords help last week with a question on special offers. The person was very helpful and seemed very knowledgeable so I asked him to take a look at my campaign and offer any suggestions on improving ROI. He had me go to the dimensions of one and look at the locations of my conversions. He then had to add some of them in the settings of the campaign. I was then able to come back to dimensions > locations and do bid adjustments for the locations.

What you can do is raise your bid on locations that 1)either convert more or for me 2)ARE CHEAPER to ship to! So far it seems to be working - I have had a rash of local orders all in states that are very close to me and likewise cheaper to ship too. I added about 20-30 locations, all the states next to us and then the top regions that I am getting sales from. The only downside is that you have to do it in each campaign - I could not find a copy button nor did he know how that could be done. Luckily I don't have a lot of campaigns so it was not that hard.

I had heard about the locations feature but had thought is was more for store that had a physical presence. I had not thought about using it this way at all but I rather pay 20-30 cents more from someone who costs $5 less to ship too!