PDA

View Full Version : SERP/Ad Words Nirvana

GentleBath
08-28-2013, 01:11 AM
I was adding some content to one of my articles and I thought I would search and get ideas for the section I was working on. I searched for one of my towels by name and I must have hit the AdWords Keyword Jackpot. I can only dream that this would come up for all or even some of my other keywords.

I just added special offers, site links and dynamic ads to my adwords a few weeks ago and I even called Google because I did not think my special offers were even working. He checked them and said they were but they don't show every time and I must have missed them.

This is the FIRST TIME I have seen any of them show on a SERP - Dynamic Ad, Special Offer, Site Extensions, Product Ad AND a Rich Snippet. In fact this is the first time I saw one of my rich snippets at all on a real SERP! I had to preserve the moment in time and share!

SERP Nirvana--->

GGG
08-28-2013, 05:49 AM
WOOT!! SCORE!

Brenda, You've never seen your PLAs appear before? Or this is the first time you've seen all 3 appear at once?

re: your rich snippet...do you have related products/accessories enabled? Have you used the Google data highlighter or just the V rich snippets?

AWCthreads
08-28-2013, 07:48 AM
Wait a minute......no one should show up that many times on page 1!!! At least that's what I recently read.

You gaming the system?

Freelap
08-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Wait a minute......no one should show up that many times on page 1!!! At least that's what I recently read.

Where did you read that? It's relatively common for paid and organic to appear on page 1.

Best,
Christopher

AWCthreads
08-28-2013, 09:25 AM
It's tongue in cheek for another user in the SEO forum.

GentleBath
08-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Brenda, You've never seen your PLAs appear before? Or this is the first time you've seen all 3 appear at once?

This is the first time I saw all three, especially a dynamic ad! I was not even sure I set them up right - just added them last week and just bumbled my way through the boxes. I actually do not think I've seen the snippets either as I have very few product reviews on my site (:

The only two results I have seen on SERP are my organic results and product ads in Google Shopping preview. That is very rare too though as I think my budget usually puts my ads on the last page of shopping haha! I have never seen myself on page 1, last I checked on a pagerank of something I was not even in the first 50 pages so this is quite the improvement! I was so discouraged after checking a few times I had not really done that many searches for my site or products in the past few months. It is too depressing!

re: your rich snippet...do you have related products/accessories enabled? Have you used the Google data highlighter or just the V rich snippets?

No - I do not have the related products/accessories added. That was one of my next To Do's on my site and now I wonder which would give me a better ROI - upselling or a few measly stars? I have not used the Data Highlighter yet either, after reading all of your troubles with it I never tried it.

What's a V rich snippet? I thought that Google just pulled this from our site review stars? If that is it then I guess I use it - see now I am all confused again! I did check my stars on the Google snippet tool using one of the pages with reviews and it came up there, but I don't remember seeing stars show up on a real SERP!

You gaming the system?

AWC - I wouldn't know how to game the system if I tried! That is why this was so shocking to me - Of course the fact that it was 3 am, I was signed in with location and it is very long tail keyword had nothing to do with the SERPS either ;)