PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Shopping Season and RATES Started October 14?!

GentleBath
10-19-2013, 05:57 PM
I got emails from both Nexttag and ShoppingDotCom this week re: increased rates for the holidays and Nexttag rates went into effect Oct 14 and Shopping starts on Nov 1! For my categories the rate increases are 25% too! Since this is the first year I have feeds going to other shopping networks I don't know if this is business as usual or an omen that the shopping season is going to be rough.

For those of you that have multiple feed going out what has been the usual rate increases if any? I don't recall that Google had any holiday rates either, but I have been off of them for 2 years at least. Do they have rate increases too?

While I can understand some increases 25% seems a bit much and I will probably scale my other two network feeds down a bit. They are not that great at conversions anyway and I am not sure they are worth an extra 25%.

Kitty
10-19-2013, 08:19 PM
25% just dropped on merchants like that is appalling you really need to do the math to figure out whether this justifies the spend do you have any retrospective data to go on from last year to try and make sense if the amount of prospective sales will be worth the lost revenue or whether you could use the cost of the 25% increase more effectively on other ways of marketing.

I don't have the kind of product that works well on shopping channels which is a pain but when I hear stories like this I am relieved I dont have to try with these kind of rates.

gifty
10-21-2013, 11:34 PM
They all do it

Rick H.
10-22-2013, 07:06 AM
Total ripoff, yet we tolerate it. If we did that to our customers, they would run....fast.

Lightning2000
10-22-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm with you Kitty. No shopping feeds and no PPC. Don't trust them and see them as another means of ripping off the retailer. Rather just concentrate on SEO, newsletters, etc. I like cheap...

GentleBath
10-22-2013, 08:57 PM
I just paused my NextTag feed, even at regular rates it was not paying for itself, and I doubt seriously that would change for the holidays. No thanks!