PDA

View Full Version : New attribute fields needed for V Google API?

GGG
07-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Or not?

Apologize in advance for length. I use the V API for our Google merchant feed which I consider a dream come true. Takes less than a minute. After reading posts on Google help, also appreciative of the fact we have the required product attribute fields enabled since many other ecommerce stores now struggling. All good so far.

However, with Google's change to PLAs I'm confused. Where would I find the various attributes mentioned in this Google help article and how would I handle with current Google API feed? Do additional fields need to be implemented in V admin?

Set up your product listing ads campaign - AdWords Help (http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2456103)

1) For instance, Google wants the entire catalog thrown into the mix at minimum bid of .01. Easy for them to say. As I understand it, this attribute: adwords_publish would allow us to remove individual products from the feed entirely and no longer worry about.

2) I'm still waiting on product approval and haven't yet set up a campaign. Are these attributes set in the AdWords dashboard...or would these need to be available in product feed?

adwords_grouping
adwords_labels

Kindergarten explanation of process much appreciated.

3) Finally, if new attribute fields need to be implemented has this been discussed on the official Volusion forum? My inquiring mind wants to know and think I've been banned since never got a response to my last application.

Whew...thanks much!

MelanieF
07-13-2012, 05:52 AM
I can't really answer your questions, but thank you for posting that Set Up link, I found it helpful.... though I am still overall confused and not seeing any new ads yet.

GGG
07-13-2012, 06:16 AM
I'm going to attempt a very small campaign today or tomorrow. Not the first clue in the world what I'm doing, but going for broke...hopefully, not literally.

Still unsure if those attributes should be added to the V's back end like the new attributes added last Fall? Would love a way to exclude specific products from the feed.

Wish someone who's been there...done that... would respond:)