PDA

View Full Version : I have to share this!

Damica
05-08-2014, 10:22 AM
I have been using Google Adwords for sometime now and not real happy, not because of them, it's just that the product we sell we don't make much profit off of one sale. So this really means we have to be running an almost "Perfect Adwords Campaign", for it to be profitable for our business.

Have been looking for other ways to efficiently advertise. Well I found 7search.com and thought I would give it a try.

Now, I must say we have only been using a couple of days now, but here is a comparison.

My average Google cost per click is .65 cents this has been getting me in the 5-8 position.
7search cost per click .05 cents have been in top 3 from the start.

Just like Google set a daily budget.

You still choose your keyword list and they have a tool that will show their traffic for each keyword(Phrase).

This is ran on their network but is large enough that you will run out of money long before they will run out of traffic.

My conversion rate has already been 10 times that of Google.

So far I am very pleased. I just wanted to share this.

MelanieF
05-08-2014, 10:25 AM
very cool! Please let us know how your conversion rate compares after a couple of months.

deanp
05-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Are your ads displaying on the same sites, or same kind of sites, as they do when posted through Adwords?

Damica
05-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Are your ads displaying on the same sites, or same kind of sites, as they do when posted through Adwords?

I don't really know. I do know I can set filter's so the ads just show in the US, and people shopping for apparel and other filter also.

Here's what it boils down to. Adwords Cost Per Click = $0.65 - $1.00
7search Cost per click $0.01 - $0.05

Adwords
Now let's keep the same percentages for both 10 clicks = $10.00 with a ROI of 10%(And this is a very high ROI) that means I had 1 sale, profit from this 1 sale is $6.00 as you can see I am still in the hole.

7Search
Now let's keep the same percentages for both 10 clicks = $0.50 with a ROI of 10%(And this is a very high ROI) that means I had 1 sale, profit from this 1 sale is $6.00 as you can see I made $5.50

Just works better for me.

deanp
05-09-2014, 10:13 AM
I guess if it's truly resulting in real conversions, and it's super cheap, then who cares where the ads are displaying. :)

Mike R
05-21-2014, 06:55 AM
Have been looking for other ways to efficiently advertise. Well I found 7search.com and thought I would give it a try.

My conversion rate has already been 10 times that of Google.

So far I am very pleased. I just wanted to share this.

As I am always looking to break free from my Google imprisonment, I have opened a 7search account and am getting it all set up. The process was pretty easy, but I do have one question. Are you setting up really broad campaigns or really targeted ones (or some of both)? I'm almost afraid of getting overly targeted with the type of traffic I suspect their blogs and other display sites are getting. Any advice from your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Damica
05-21-2014, 07:12 AM
Good Morning Mike:

When I first started I setup a "Broad" match for all of my keywords. I got a ton of traffic but felt it was not "Quality" so I changed all of my keywords to "Phrase" and have been real pleased with my results. Also you can setup different landing page's for different keywords and actually have different "Ads" for different keywords.

I did this also, I am running with 10 keyword "Phrases" set for "Phrase Match" 4 different ads for 4 of the keywords and 4 different landing page's.

This way some of my keywords match my landing page better.

Hope this helps.

tdc10
05-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Good Morning Mike:

When I first started I setup a "Broad" match for all of my keywords. I got a ton of traffic but felt it was not "Quality" so I changed all of my keywords to "Phrase" and have been real pleased with my results. Also you can setup different landing page's for different keywords and actually have different "Ads" for different keywords.

I did this also, I am running with 10 keyword "Phrases" set for "Phrase Match" 4 different ads for 4 of the keywords and 4 different landing page's.

This way some of my keywords match my landing page better.

Hope this helps.

Bottomline: Are you generating Revenue in a profitable manner?

Damica
05-23-2014, 05:36 AM
Bottomline: Are you generating Revenue in a profitable manner?

For me "Yes"

Damica
05-31-2014, 04:58 AM
This is an "Update"!
We ran a 1 day - 1 keyword(coupon) ($20.00 at .04 cents a click = 500 clicks) promotion to try to get people to sign up for our monthly newsletter. We used all 500 clicks and got 53 new signups.

I'm very happy with these results.

tdc10
05-31-2014, 09:07 AM
awesome! way to go!

raphael
06-03-2014, 07:02 PM
I just signed up - will report how it goes.

MelanieF
06-03-2014, 08:52 PM
I signed up about a month ago. It is a bust for me. Almost zero traffic. I may be too much of a niche market on the products I selected to use.

Damica
06-04-2014, 06:59 AM
I signed up about a month ago. It is a bust for me. Almost zero traffic. I may be too much of a niche market on the products I selected to use.

I hate to hear that. Could I ask a couple of questions? Did you use their keyword suggestion tool? I love the way you can have every keyword pointing to a different landing page. Did you use Exact match, Phrase Match or Broad Match?

tdc10
06-04-2014, 01:22 PM
it's been a bust for me as well..kinda like volusion

Damica
06-04-2014, 01:44 PM
it's been a bust for me as well..kinda like volusion

Now I really feel bad.

MelanieF
06-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Yes, the keyword suggestion tool returned nothing new. I used Exact match and Phrase match.
I have not turned it off yet... letting my $50 run out.

GGG
06-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Now I really feel bad.

We're all adults here and every store is different.

No reason to feel bad. All points of view welcome and thanks for the info!

Mike R
06-06-2014, 07:06 AM
This is an "Update"!
We ran a 1 day - 1 keyword(coupon) ($20.00 at .04 cents a click = 500 clicks) promotion to try to get people to sign up for our monthly newsletter. We used all 500 clicks and got 53 new signups.

I'm very happy with these results.

You did this with 7Search? How do you add a coupon to a PPC ad on 7Search? Do you just add it into the ad copy?

So far I am not having much success with 7Search. I am going to move from broad to phrase match and see if that helps. We only seem to get traffic on very general industry terms. Specific keywords related to specific manufacturers and specific products often get no clicks and very few impressions.

Mike

Damica
06-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Here is the example of how I did this ad.
1 keyword at .04 (Broad match) and the keyword = coupon

As you can see the ad points to my "Newsletter Signup" page where if they signup they get a "CODE" worth $2.00 off any purchase.

Out of 500 clicks we had 53 signup's (We have already sent 1 newsletter and had 3 unsubscribe, but also got 1 sale from the newsletter)....

Hope this helps. This is our newsletter signup page;
http://www.berniesniftytees.com/MailingList_subscribe.asp

Damica
06-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Here is example of my ad.

Mike R
06-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Here is the example of how I did this ad.
1 keyword at .04 (Broad match) and the keyword = coupon

I guess my big concern is that "coupon" is very general and not targeted to a specific product type or market. What I don't want is to get a ton of new email subscribers that aren't genuinely interested in our industry and product lines. I think some people will just sign up out of curiosity to see what the coupon is, and then if it isn't what they were expecting they will just unsubscribe.

Also, since others may be signing up for your newsletter through your website, how do you know exactly which new sign-ups came from 7Search?

I guess for 20 bucks it's worth a try.

Mike

Damica
06-06-2014, 03:49 PM
I guess for 20 bucks it's worth a try.

Mike

That's my point! I was looking for something less expensive than "Google Adwords" and this served it's purpose.

Everyone have a great weekend.