PDA

View Full Version : Why Amazon Seller Central Sucks...

dmoore
06-09-2014, 01:40 PM
I guess the stories about Amazon being a monolithic, unconcerned and canned response company are completely true. It starts here:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/contact-us/contact-amazon-form.html/ref=su_contactus_foot_xx?ie=UTF8&urlStr=%2Fgp

No matter if you play 100% by the rules, a customer can leave negative and false feedback about your transaction.

I'm pulling our items currently listed, plans to list another 300 SKUs and our 10-20k a year in purchases to a vendor that give a shit about customer service and cares enough to determine when customers are holding you hostage over a .48 cent sale.

Amazon - you completely suck.

GGG
06-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Unfortunately, I can't read it dmoore because I'm not a registered seller.

Cold day in Hades before that will ever happen.

webguru
06-09-2014, 02:26 PM
dmoore,

I understand your frustration with Amazon Seller Support and Amazon customers. However, I would not pull off of their marketplace over a bad experience. In our experience, no matter how hard we try and how accommodating we are, we can only maintain 98% on Amazon. Heck, we have people that leave us negative feedback over items they purchased from other sellers. It happens. There is a huge population of Amazon prime customers that shop exclusively on Amazon. Not selling on that marketplace means you are giving up on about 10-20% of all online customers. Just my two cents.

MelanieF
06-09-2014, 03:17 PM
I use Amazon Seller for a small set of my products. It works "just OK" well for me with minimal maintenance. However, when I tried to integrate with Volusion, it was a horrendous nightmare that took me 6 months to back out of and it will be a long time before I try it again.

ritchey
06-10-2014, 08:49 AM
If you E-Mail Jeff Bezos, you can get things fixed when you are dealing with:
>monolithic, unconcerned and canned response company

I have done that two times, and both times situations I got positive responses from a staff member. The first time it was actually his secretary. Now he seems to have a larger organization dealing with his inbox, and it even went into some type of CRM system.

The first was over a gift certificate issue, that was not working and their India based Tech support was giving me canned responses that totally missed the issue.

The 2nd time was over a design flaw that irritated me on payments for open orders - my credit card # changed, Thanks Target!, and I had 8 open orders, so I had to re-enter it 8 times on Amazon.

GGG
06-10-2014, 10:26 AM
If you E-Mail Jeff Bezos

I'd just sound like a granny. Shame on him...

Jaime
06-10-2014, 12:43 PM
I think it really depends on what you're selling. Amazon now accounts for 35% of all my sales, and about 45% of the profit.

I certainly get frustrated when someone gives you a "3" rating, and says, "Everything was fine". I had a 100% rating for about 18 months, but I wasn't selling that many items. I only get about 1-2 of customer even leaving reviews. I guess I should be happy at 96% positive.