PDA

View Full Version : Canada USPS Priority Mail International not returning rates

GGG
06-03-2015, 10:19 AM
What the heck??!!

I just disabled Canada as a shipping option. According to V, the USPS change to Canadian USPS Priority Mail Int'l was supposed to be a smooth transition...

Just received an order confirmation via email where a customer was not charged shipping rates. Back up rates were not used either.

Anyone else or have you already dealt with it?

reigny
06-03-2015, 10:33 AM
I see my store is only offering First Class and Express. We normally have those as well as Priority. Did support tell you anything?

GGG
06-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Called priority support ... they're creating a ticket and sending it to the IT Dept. arggh!!! This should have been handled days ago. Fool us again, reigny?

I strongly suggested they escalate the issue given 1000s of stores possibly affected. I'll let you know when I get a copy of the ticket.

reigny
06-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Called priority support ... they're creating a ticket and sending it to the IT Dept. arggh!!! This should have been handled days ago. Fool us again, reigny?

I strongly suggested they escalate the issue given 1000s of stores possibly affected. I'll let you know when I get a copy of the ticket.

All we have to do is change the service code but I cannot find where USPS has them listed.

GGG
06-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Wall <- Head. Received this response with ticket marked as closed...

It was a pleasure speaking with you this afternoon!

Per our conversation, I am creating this ticket in regards to your USPS International Priority Mail shipping rates not populating for Canada customers towards our IT department.

I have included internal notes for further investigating.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a wonderful day!

Obviously, I reopened with the following:

This ticket should remain open and be escalated.

Per discussion, USPS Priority Mail International is not returning live rates or back-up rates.

Undoubtedly, this issue is due to the USPS API changes effective May 31st.

We've had to disable our shipping to Canada. In the meantime, a customer was able to proceed thru checkout w/o paying for shipping.

Could you/everyone else affected, please open a ticket?

Thanks.

reigny
06-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Just talked to live chat and they are aware, working on it and don't have an ETA. They had a month to change a simple thing.

GGG
06-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Just talked to live chat and they are aware, working on it and don't have an ETA. They had a month to change a simple thing.

I shudder every time this happens. UPS, USPS, blah, blah. blah. Has it ever gone smoothly?

Did you open a ticket... and keep it open?

reigny
06-03-2015, 11:29 AM
I shudder every time this happens. UPS, USPS, blah, blah. blah. Has it ever gone smoothly?

Did you open a ticket... and keep it open?
Yes I did.

marc.vasquez
06-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Hmm, I tried to replicate but I was able to return rates for a Canada Post Code for Priority Mail Int't Flat Rate... we didn't change anything on our store so I don't know why it isn't broken as well..

reigny
06-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Hmm, I tried to replicate but I was able to return rates for a Canada Post Code for Priority Mail Int't Flat Rate... we didn't change anything on our store so I don't know why it isn't broken as well..
My rates may have been edited a couple of years ago to fix something or other. I don't use flat rates. Do you use just Priority Mail Int'l? If so can you post the service code you have under Advanced Settings?

marc.vasquez
06-03-2015, 12:02 PM
We use both these are my service codes which all show the same but are returning different rates??

this is my Priority Mail In't - Priority Mail International<sup>®</sup>
Medium Flat Rate -Priority Mail International<sup>®</sup> Medium Flat Rate Box
Large Flat Rate - Priority Mail International<sup>®</sup> Large Flat Rate Box

GGG
06-03-2015, 12:06 PM
We use both these are my service codes which all show the same but are returning different rates??

174 is the service code currently listed in my admin, despite 211 showing as the ID field on the table view.

Is it a full moon? Just one more fubar today...

Edit post: Because Marc V just changed his :) So Priority Mail International is NOT showing in your drop down despite active shipping method?

Edited post again: Because Marc V just noticed what I was pointing out...

marc.vasquez
06-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Looking at that now those rates are wrong... Guess I'm not exempt!!

reigny
06-03-2015, 12:43 PM

Medium Flat Rate -Priority Mail International<sup>®</sup> Medium Flat Rate Box
Large Flat Rate - Priority Mail International<sup>®</sup> Large Flat Rate Box

Your Priority Mail int'l is not showing.

katherine
06-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Could you/everyone else affected, please open a ticket?

Thanks.

Grrrr! Ticket entered - thanks for bringing this to our attention!

marc.vasquez
06-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Weird it replaced the # with a symbol.. they all show 174 in Advanced.

GGG
06-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Weird it replaced the # with a symbol..

Ok, I'm feeling foolish... since that's how you make the ® symbol... :o it can't be the actual service code 174.

http://www.alt-codes.net/registered_mark_alt_code.php

What is the ID showing in the shipping table? Mine is 211. Better yet, if anyone has one that's working... what is yours?

reigny
06-04-2015, 07:11 AM
Any updates on this?

marc.vasquez
06-04-2015, 07:39 AM
Opening a ticket - not sure why I am getting Flat Rate boxes and not standard priority mail rates.. and not even sure where the rates it's giving me are coming from, and the Test Rates doesn't allow you to do Canada... UGH!

GGG
06-04-2015, 08:12 AM
Any updates on this?

Not that I'm aware of. People are beginning to address on V's FB page, so I would think??? they'd respond there.

katherine
06-04-2015, 01:32 PM
My ticket is still open - this was the update I received at approx. 5pm ET yesterday:

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Volusion support!

This is just a quick update: This issue was caused by an update by USPS on their International shipping methods. Our product development team is currently working to resolve this issue. A team member will get back to you when the integration resumes normal function.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us!

GGG
06-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the update, Katherine.

Unfortunately, their response just made me livid. It's been a month since the May 31st USPS update announcement. Stalked a few other cart forums last night, and I think they're all running smoothly although Shopify had a 2 hour glitch.

Today is Thursday, June 4... seems like we're the only cart without a working fix?

reigny
06-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the update, Katherine.

Unfortunately, their response just made me livid. It's been a month since the May 31st USPS update announcement. Stalked a few other cart forums last night, and I think they're all running smoothly although Shopify had a 2 hour glitch.

Today is Thursday, June 4... seems like we're the only cart without a working fix?

I opened a ticket Order Cup. I cannot print a Priority International label.

katherine
06-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Unfortunately, their response just made me livid.

I hear you - they may have written "This issue was caused by an update by USPS on their International shipping methods." but what I read was "This issue was caused by Volusion's total failure to prepare for a well-communicated update by USPS on their International shipping methods." Sigh ...

GGG
06-04-2015, 03:06 PM
I opened a ticket Order Cup. I cannot print a Priority International label.

I suspect they'll tell you they can't integrate with the Volusion API.

We took a hit and shipped one via USPS 1st Class Package Int'l out of OrderCup today. All else shut down for Canada until they get this stuff fixed.... except our site shipping info pages which now make us look like fools or scam artists.

What in God's name are they doing/thinking?! Can't they use some of the $ from our b/w overages to pay people to get this job done? :mad:

reigny
06-04-2015, 05:46 PM
I suspect they'll tell you they can't integrate with the Volusion API.

We took a hit and shipped one via USPS 1st Class Package Int'l out of OrderCup today. All else shut down for Canada until they get this stuff fixed.... except our site shipping info pages which now make us look like fools or scam artists.

What in God's name are they doing/thinking?! Can't they use some of the $ from our b/w overages to pay people to get this job done? :mad:
Kelly can you open a ticket with order cup. I'm not at work now and they are asking for tons of documentation and images.

GGG
06-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Kelly can you open a ticket with order cup. I'm not at work now and they are asking for tons of documentation and images.

Sorry reigny, it's 9pm and I just saw your post. Was checking again here after we received the following email:

Under your shipping information it says that you ship to the United states and Canada but when you go to select the county to ship to United states is the only option

Precisely.

This would almost be laughable if it wasn't costing us business. Fathers Day is two weeks from Sunday and I can't deliver packages to Canada in time on my flying broomstick.

I don't know who dropped the ball at V, but I hope the management who let it happen is properly taken to task for thousands in lost business to thousands of stores. Unbelievable.

reigny
06-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Stupid me just realized there is no international priority option for ALL international locations, not just Canada

GGG
06-05-2015, 06:44 AM
Stupid me just realized there is no international priority option for ALL international locations, not just Canada

Sorry to hear, reigny. (selfishly grateful we only ship to the US and Canada... at least I'm honest).

No update on my ticket.

reigny
06-05-2015, 09:46 AM
i believe OrderCup is fixed. No ETA for Volusion.

GGG
06-06-2015, 04:06 AM
i believe OrderCup is fixed. No ETA for Volusion.

Appears that 3d Cart is also having issues...

Why have some of the 'smaller' carts been able to pull this off just fine?

Rick H.
06-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Is this fixed???

reigny
06-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Is this fixed???
doesn't seem to be. i questioned an ETA on my open ticket and haven't heard back.

GGG
06-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Is this fixed???

Nope.... ten days later.

I'm amazed by the fact that there are 'lesser' carts out there that have been up and running with it for days now, but V hasn't been able to pull it off. Makes you wonder who's running the ship in Texas..

Origin zip code and I believe seven zones.

reigny
06-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Here's the response I received on Facebook
This is the highest development priority right now, as all shopping carts have been reporting this same unexpected issue from USPS. Our team is already working on a fix and are rigorously testing it prior to releasing to ensure it doesn't disrupt the platform and fully solves the problem. We hope to have this fixed by the end of the week, but for now can't give a solid deadline but will keep you up to date when we have it resolved!

GGG
06-09-2015, 03:39 PM
lol!! That Bonnie woman sounds pretty fed up. Too bad she's not on this forum, since obviously cares about her biz/customers.

It's pretty sad that you have to keep checking V's FB page for an issue that is affecting 1000s of stores... perhaps the only thing I miss about the old 'moderated' forum.

And despite V's protests I believe there are some carts that have already solved it, but I'll stalk again tonight in case I'm speaking out of school...

Edit post: Yes, 3d and Big Commerce having the same issues. Of course, I don't care about 3d and Big Commerce... unless a competitor. :)

GGG
06-10-2015, 08:07 AM
Yay! It's fixed...

Hello!

I apologize for the delay. The issue with the USPS Priority Mail International shipping method not appearing for Canadian addresses, should now be resolved.

Thank you for your patience as we resolved this issue, and once again, I apologize for the delay.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Rick H.
06-10-2015, 08:41 AM
Ours isn't.

GGG
06-10-2015, 08:51 AM
Ours isn't.

Hmm... I tested mine with several different addresses and all seems to be fine. Sent reigny a message, but haven't heard back. I'll pm Katherine.

Maybe they just like me better... :rolleyes:

reigny
06-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Hmm... I tested mine with several different addresses and all seems to be fine. Sent reigny a message, but haven't heard back. I'll pm Katherine.

Maybe they just like me better... :rolleyes:
I still don't see the Priority option on my site. Kelly can you test my site?

katherine
06-10-2015, 09:18 AM

Thanks for the heads up Kelly! I got your PM, but when I tried to respond it said that the message couldn't be delivered because you have exceeded your stored message quota.

GGG
06-10-2015, 09:21 AM
I still don't see the Priority option on my site. Kelly can you test my site?

Hmmm. Yep, definitely like me better... or the fact that I was one of the first to whine. Do you have your First class and Priority set up via weight restriction or do both always show? Is there a chance you don't have it selected as 'live'...? I had to reactivate mine as a 'live' rate, since I had previously disabled when not returning a rate at all and giving free shipping to Canadian customers...

Here's your screenshot...

GGG
06-10-2015, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up Kelly! I got your PM, but when I tried to respond it said that the message couldn't be delivered because you have exceeded your stored message quota.

That dang message thing!!! Why won't it just give me unlimited and be done with it. Maybe I can pay Erik for extra storage :)

reigny
06-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Hmmm. Yep, definitely like me better... or the fact that I was one of the first to whine. Do you have your First class and Priority set up via weight restriction or do both always show? Is there a chance you don't have it selected as 'live'...? I had to reactivate mine as a 'live' rate, since I had previously disabled when not returning a rate at all and giving free shipping to Canadian customers...

Here's your screenshot...

i have it set to live and all 3 options always show. I'm using service code: Priority Mail International<sup>®</sup>

GGG
06-10-2015, 09:41 AM
i have it set to live and all 3 options always show. I'm using service code: Priority Mail International<sup>®</sup>

No... leave the 174 thing alone, although I think it's just to make the registration mark.

Check out your last few Priority Int'l orders to get your ID then go to the shipping table for a closer look. My USPS Priority Mail International is ID 211. Make sure your countries are enabled... obviously, Canada.

Else call V support. I'm just a gma... who finally emptied her mailbox. :rolleyes:

reigny
06-10-2015, 09:49 AM
No... leave the 174 thing alone, although I think it's just to make the registration mark.

Check out your last few Priority Int'l orders to get your ID then go to the shipping table for a closer look. My USPS Priority Mail International is ID 211. Make sure your countries are enabled... obviously, Canada.

Else call V support. I'm just a gma... who finally emptied her mailbox. :rolleyes:

apparently the fix hasn't been released to everyone. it is being rolled out today and tomorrow, gma.

GGG
06-10-2015, 09:57 AM
apparently the fix hasn't been released to everyone. it is being rolled out today and tomorrow, gma.

Oops! Ok, nevermind... :o

reigny
06-11-2015, 04:41 PM
still not working :(