PDA

View Full Version : Week of 05-Oct-2015 - Are paypal payments erroring our on your Volusion Site?

dmoore
10-06-2015, 10:58 AM
In the last few days, starting around the 5th of October we noticed a large up-tick in the number of un-completed paypal payments. We called a few of these users to ask what happened - changed mind, hit the back button, problem with PC, etc and we were told that there was simply an error after being sent to the paypal site. I'm wondering if this is specific to our site or if paypal as a whole is having problems that others are also experiencing.

I should note that we are using paypal standard, not express.

dmoore
10-06-2015, 02:19 PM
I swear there is something wrong here and if I had to guess - it is on paypal's side. I've yet to get any helpful information from a customer with the problem and my test orders go right through without issue. Of course if I go to either one of them - they'll say it is the other one.

KKS
10-06-2015, 06:28 PM
I believe PayPal is making some changes and is having technical problems. Trying to send a friend some $ tonight and it required many attempts.

dmoore
10-06-2015, 07:33 PM
I think I'd agree - the other day a customer paid with paypal, received a confirmation email complete with transaction ID but when he and I checked paypal directly there was no record of the payment. Then by "magic" it showed up about 30 minutes later.