PDA

View Full Version : Autorespondermax - abandoned cart - emails and more - I'm pretty happy with it.

The Tech Den
05-04-2016, 03:32 PM
One issue we had was was abandoned carts and while looking for an answer a lot seemed rather expensive and with the Autorespondermax we had a crack at the 30 day trial.

Well a few months down the track on just the abandoned carts I can say we are very happy. Integration was a breeze and also the management of the database was great.

from the 4th Feb to 4th of May we recovered just short of $8000.

Just like Demtel - but wait there's more

It also chases lost customers - ever get that feeling you had a customer and wondered what happened, well they have that covered - by after a certain time an email inviting them back goes out...with their customer follow up campaign and this is for the same period.

Sent: 1,266 Views: 1,254 Clicks: 231 Revenue: $2,302.58

If that is not enough they also have a first time buyer email. When someone purchases for the first time an email gets sent out - in this we outline what happens ie you get tracking details with in 48 hours and if you don't please contact us and so on - this also reduced calls and time down but strangely enough people received the email then came back and bought more.

There is also a section for emails for specials and it is very simplistic but again it gave results.

It costs $99 a month and I think it is totally worth it and worth a closer look if you have not seen it.

Of course with everything there are going to parts you do not like and to be fair and say the good where it is good but also the bad where it is bad.

In the email outs for promo's they do 2000 a day max - on the good side with our sized database this actually works out good so you do not get smashed with purchases all on one day it rolls it out so the workload is more manageable - on the down side as our database grows this may become an issue if we decide to do weekly advertising where we may need more than 14000 emails going out a week in total.

The emailing of promotions is simple but clunky - I am not overly technically savvy and found this part easy enough but if I wanted to customise it well it seemed too much hassle but I did contact Autorespondermax and the developers BrandLab are contacting me shortly about customising it so will come back later and give an update on that side.

Overall even with the down sides I could not be happier.

marc.vasquez
05-05-2016, 06:11 AM
I too have been using AutoResponderMax for almost 6 months and we LOVE it. We have about 12 different campaigns setup that get feedback, handle our backorders and have generally simplified our day to day processes. It is worth the $99 and then some. Their support is fantastic as well and always responds within 24 hours and has the right answers. Their custom campaigns are so flexible (even with V) and allow you to send an email based on almost any criteria. Cannot recommend their product enough - try it for 30 days and you'll see - there is money being left on the table since V doesn't have a great abandon cart tool built in and this fills that gap with flying colors.

bpanders
05-12-2016, 10:04 AM
I just signed up for the free trial. Just curious, what are people using on abandoned cart and first time customer emails for frequency. As I understand it, frequency of one day means the program checks and send mail out only once a day. I'm thinking I'd like the abandoned cart email to go out as quickly as possible once a cart has hit my desired time expiration.

I find it interesting it only goes out if the customer has opted in to receive emails. Sort of culls the heard so to speak.

Ken
06-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Can I ask what type of shopping cart you use with Volusion ??

We use the older "original shopping cart" but did initially move to the "one page checkout" but found the conversation rate fell so we moved back to the "original shopping cart" ???

This brings me back to the Autorespondermax because not a lot of customer actually leave their e-mail address in the abandon cart, so how to make use of Autorespondermax and the very few we seem to turn around to place order after we contact them. But in all honesty it is very few that start enter their e-mail address. Could it be due to the type of "shopping cart" we use ??? - any experience ???

MelanieF
07-01-2016, 07:35 AM
My store is fairly small and I think there is a break-even point with autoresponder max and similar programs to make it worth the money. When I used ARM a few years ago, we saw a 0% increase in sales over Volusion's built-in auto-responder- so I went back to that and spend about 2 minutes twice a day manually sending out reminders. My ROI on that is about 20%, so it is definitely worthwhile doing it, however you choose.
I am looking at Mailchimp's features, because for the same $99 I think I can get the autoresponder & lots of stats on who buys what that can then feed into a large variety of customized emails. A LOT more work up front, but seems to me that email reminders/newsletters are worth the work in follow up sales.

Ken
07-02-2016, 01:41 AM
Thanks Melanie.

I agree. I got a few standard e-mails in my Outlook program, entered as "signature" and I change those in a jiff to match to the items the customer may have entered into the cart. I think about 95% return with an order. The exceptions is those that think our shipping cost is too high compared to the cost of the product. But what can you do when you sell $5 items sometimes it will cost more to ship than the price of the actual item.

However what style of shopping cart do you use ?? The old style or the new 1 page checkout ??? - I wonder if one will capture more e-mail addresses than the other ???

MelanieF
07-02-2016, 08:21 AM
Hi Ken,

I use the 1 page checkout.
I agree with you, shipping cost is the biggest beef for my customers as well. I include a 15% off coupon with my abandoned cart letter and that helps customer's to offset the shipping charge. I also offer free shipping > $75 order (which I am considering lowering to $49 thanks to big savings when OC implemented the cubic weight thing for USPS, but that is a different topic!).
I don't know if 1 page checkout is better, because of the placement of the "Place Order" button.

reigny
07-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Hi Ken,

I agree with you, shipping cost is the biggest beef for my customers as well. I include a 15% off coupon with my abandoned cart letter and that helps customer's to offset the shipping charge. I also offer free shipping > $75 order (which I am considering lowering to $49 thanks to big savings when OC implemented the cubic weight thing for USPS, but that is a different topic!).
I don't know if 1 page checkout is better, because of the placement of the "Place Order" button.

I just changed my abandoned cart email to offer 15% instead of 10% and immediately received an order. only issue is that on my cart (not sure if true all around) there is no place to offer a coupon code on the 1 page checkout. do you have this issue?

Ken
07-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Hi Reigny

We don't stick coupon codes in the shopping cart too often but when we do it is found at the very top. At the: mydomain/shoppingcart.asp page. The cart page.

One little trick we used that seem to help the conversation was to add 3 lines of text here. Highlighting the item would be in stock if they could add it to the cart here, ready to ship as well as when they could expect the order to ship; same day or next business day. In addition highlight that we offer free shipping at $50.-
Unfortunately we did not do a A/B testing I think due to the problems of doing this with the shopping cart so I can't tell for sure if it increased the conversion but at least we don't get questions about in-stock or when the order will ship anymore.
(of cause next to each item it is listed that the product is in stock as well).

Ken

Ken
07-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Hi Ken,

Melanie,

Sorry for my ignorance. We don't do our own pick and pack but Who is "OC"..... they saved you a lot of money with the use of USPS ???

Ken

reigny
07-03-2016, 09:31 PM
The abandoned cart email that goes to customers allows them to click to the one page checkout they left in the cart to complete the order. They are directed to a page that doesn't accept a coupon code and I am enticing them to complete their order by offering a coupon code.

reigny
07-04-2016, 06:42 AM
Melanie,

Sorry for my ignorance. We don't do our own pick and pack but Who is "OC"..... they saved you a lot of money with the use of USPS ???

Ken

OrderCup is shipping software. I've been using them for years. http://www.ordercup.com/

MelanieF
07-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Hi Ken,
Sorry to not get back sooner... OC is OrderCup. Like reigny, I have been using them for years. They recently (6 months ago?) added cubic rate discounts for USPS Priority mail. Because I ship a lot of smallish orders, anything over 1# weight that fits into a standard (free) USPS 7x7x7 Priority mail box is priced less than the old commercial pricing; and much lower than their flat rate boxes, even lower than regional flat rate boxes. The smaller (and heavier) the box the bigger the savings.
It is significant for me because I don't do the volume required to get decent discounts from UPS/FedEX, so I ship USPS priority mail for almost everything.