PDA

View Full Version : Default Payment set, AJAX not working!! help!

tendollarhooker
09-26-2012, 07:18 PM
OK - "Credit Card" is defaulted as the payment and because of this the fields to enter credit card info are not showing up. You have deselect and reselect Credit Card to get them to show. This is REALLY bad, because people won't do that. Why is this set this way? I don't know. Maybe I did it beforehand because I didn't plan on using paypal. Here's the thing...I CAN'T FIND HOW TO UNSET IT! And Volusion support was no help this time. If anyone knows how to make no payment method selection defaulted (so it just says "Select") PLEASE help. Thanks.

supercool
09-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Let me take a look and I can help. PM me the exact url.

tendollarhooker
09-27-2012, 06:03 AM
If anyone has any clue - or even an idea to look please let me know. You can see what I mean at the checkout page at tendollarhooker.com.

Could this be a script thing? Did I default this in an html or css piece? I know it's somewhere otherwise everyone and their mother would be facing the same thing.

Rick H.
09-27-2012, 06:37 AM
(Edited)...disregard....let me look at this again.

GGG
09-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Is there any chance you accidentally deleted a payment method? I see this caution in the kb:

DO NOT DELETE PAYMENT METHODS. Some payment methods are required to be present in the database in order for the system to function properly - even if those payment methods are never going to be used. You can make unwanted payment methods inactive.

rondesign
09-27-2012, 06:57 AM
Sorry, I don't have a solution for you. I did go to your site and can confirm that it is credit card by default for me with no fields. I agree that is a big issue. I'm sure you already have, but make sure you put in a ticket.

I also took a quick look at my site and "Select" is the default option.

tendollarhooker
09-27-2012, 07:01 AM
Is there any chance you accidentally deleted a payment method? I see this caution in the kb:

DO NOT DELETE PAYMENT METHODS. Some payment methods are required to be present in the database in order for the system to function properly - even if those payment methods are never going to be used. You can make unwanted payment methods inactive.

Aye - this is NOT the case.

I know it defaulted somewhere. I just don't know where/how. I remember doing it specifically because if I wasn't going to have any other options, why have it defaulted to "Select"? Well - I guess this is why :/

supercool
09-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Make sure you remove any references to the following
in your template file or article 115

<script>
$("#PaymentMethodTypeDisplay").val("Credit Card");
</script>

tendollarhooker
09-27-2012, 09:20 AM
THAT WAS IT! Thank you VERY VERY MUCH Super cool. Oy!