PDA

View Full Version : Reviews for PPC - Best Way to Get

ritchey
06-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Reviews are super important for PPC.

These seem to be the top two used by Google:

www.bizrateinsights.com
www.ResellerRatings.com

I assume they send out some type of E-mail X days after a sale. Info. on their cost and any tips are appreciated.

I know google trust badge is aimed right at them, but until that is easy to use, this is the current game in town.

Hmm, Stone Edge should make it easy to make the report needed for the Google Trust Badge.

GGG
06-21-2012, 04:25 AM
ritchey,

I seem to recall that Joe, MilWar, JoeBob, bgreenway, tnorton, GuyNamedM, and Rick_H have experience with reseller ratings. ScrubCouture was giving it a shot, but I don't recall hearing how it turned out. Not sure about bizrateinsights and would love to get more info on them, too.

rondesign
06-21-2012, 05:54 AM
The reviews that show up for me in PPC are from Google Checkout.

ritchey
06-21-2012, 09:45 AM
I want to be a bit more pro-active on them, so I get a lot of reviews. One of my competitors has 264. I think I have 15 :-) All of their reviews seem to be from bizrate. It seems free, so I am not getting their business model. I am always suspicious of free...

ritchey
06-21-2012, 01:38 PM
The negative on bizrate seems to be free offers to your customers. The win $100 and you get some type of magazine subscription offer. I am getting more info.

BizLadder
06-21-2012, 02:07 PM
It's called Seller Rating Extensions and Google will pick up just about any of the major online rating systems and post a % of them to their cumulative PPC displays. But the top ones are definitely Google Checkout, Reseller, Shopzilla/Bizrate, ReviewCentre and ViewPoints

Reseller and bizrate are post checkout ratings that ask they customer to take a survey. Bizrate then also follows up X weeks later with additional questions.

Keep the following in mind:
- Google does not pick up every single rating, except from google checkout
- A number of parameters must be met in order for the ratings to show up
- You have NO control over what ratings and reviews google picks up
- They've been around for about 2 years but seem to be appearing with less frequency than even last year

ritchey
06-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Thanks so much!

GGG
06-21-2012, 02:39 PM
ritchey,

GuyNamedMatilda's in the house now. He had a ton of info posted on TOF about reseller...set up, response rate, etc. etc.

shamieya
06-22-2012, 09:13 AM
How do you get reviews from a third party into Volusion reviews? Or do you not and just display them somewhere on the product page?

ritchey
06-22-2012, 09:34 AM
The thread was about store reviews. For product reviews you can't get them easily into your Volusion reviews. A work around is copy and paste them in 3rd party reviews.

What I would like is a way to show on your web site the number of stars, ratings, etc. from a third party service on your testimonial page for example.

How do you get reviews from a third party into Volusion reviews? Or do you not and just display them somewhere on the product page?

GuyNamedMatilda
06-28-2012, 08:12 AM
I never set up a legit store review on my site. I tried pretty much every option imaginable to beef up my product reviews, and finally hit on a sweet spot with Power Reviews and Autorespondermax. However, I'm ditching that $140/mo expense when I move over to Big Commerce. (Yay!)

ritchey
06-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks! I agree 100% - I am frustrated I need to use a third party for adding functionality that should have been built into a cart. Power Reviews is great, but why can't Volusion make it easy to implement! Instead a third party needs to be used. And then again, a third party is needed for the review reminders!

Not to mention the reviews capability for all carts, even with Power Reviews, is years behind what major retailers have. Tables with Summaries of Reviews anyone?

And now social answers is arriving, and again this looks like a feature only major retailers will be able to offer. It's frustrating!

DeanP
06-28-2012, 09:53 AM
And now social answers is arriving, and again this looks like a feature only major retailers will be able to offer. It's frustrating!

The same is true of Google Trusted Store integration and schema.org markup integration. The quantity of game-changing competitive features that Volusion doesn't support is just growing and growing.

BabyBeauandBelle
06-28-2012, 10:02 AM
very true, and what gets me is I just received this email from Volusion:

Google recently announced that they will be phasing out the free Google Shopping service and replacing it with a Pay Per Click advertising model by this fall. We’ve compiled the following helpful tips to help you prepare.

1. Per Google, merchants will now be required to sign up for a Google AdWords account and link up with Google Merchant Center. If you do not have a Google AdWords account, you can sign up at http://adwords.google.com. You will find a video tutorial explaining how to link your AdWords account to Google Merchant Center here.

2. Google has also indicated that being a member of their 'Trusted Store' program will now be important to ranking and results. The Trusted Store program is now open to the public, but due to the high demand anticipated for this program, we advise that you sign up early here.

We remain dedicated to your store’s success and will do our best to inform you of any additional changes.

So they send out an email advising us to sign up for a program that their own system doesn't even support! If they were so dedicated to our stores success, then we should easily integrate into the Google trusted store program...

The same is true of Google Trusted Store integration and schema.org markup integration. The quantity of game-changing competitive features that Volusion doesn't support is just growing and growing.

GGG
06-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Greetings from Google Trusted Stores. I work on the Google Trusted Stores product and am currently working with eCommerce platform providers like Volusion to help them integrate their products with us so it is easy for their customers to take advantage of the Trusted Stores program features.

We are currently speaking with Volusion, although I am not able to provide an estimate of when they will complete their integration. Certainly, the more they hear the request from their customers, the more likely they will be to prioritize this development effort.

Also, we have received the feature request to move the estimated ship date calculation to a server-side setting and we are currently considering adding this feature to the product.

Thanks again for your interest in Google Trusted Stores and hopefully we will have a simple solution for Volusion customers to connect with us in the near future.

Regards,

Bryan Landsiedel
Google Trusted Stores

originally posted in the Google Trusted Stores thread

DeanP
06-28-2012, 12:08 PM
"Certainly, the more they hear the request from their customers, the more likely they will be to prioritize this development effort.

Poor Bryan. He does not know Volusion very well.

BabyBeauandBelle
06-28-2012, 12:26 PM
yes, I saw this, but like Dean said, we all know how fast Volusion moves to improve anything. While it is encouraging to see Google talking to Volusion this sticks out above all else:

"We are currently speaking with Volusion, although I am not able to provide an estimate of when they will complete their integration."

originally posted in the Google Trusted Stores thread