PDA

View Full Version : Just Upgraded (downgraded) to V11 - Categories

Dani
06-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Hello everyone. So glad there is a new forum we can go to and see all your familiar "faces". I used to post a little bit at V under scrapyland

I was just forced to go to V11 from V5 due to V not keeping our inventory correctly. products automatically get added without cause. V couldnt find anything and they said V5 is not supported so we had no option.

Is there an easy way to deal with categories from the admin? I see a lot of things different on V11. I have around 575 categories and I see I can no longer drag and drop to arrange them. Also the admin seems to take for ever when you are trying to search for a category.

Any tricks to make this less painful?

DeanP
06-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Hey Dani. If you have too many categories to drag and drop, you'll want to utilize the "Category Order" field under Category Display.

Dani
06-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Thanks Dean. yeah I figured that would be the only solution. it was just so nice not to have to worry about getting the order wrong and then have to re-do it.

AWCthreads
06-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Dani, you can drag and drop in V 11 although, it doesn't always work correctly and sometimes I have to manually change the category order numbers.

Add - V9 never fouled up the display order after drag and drop. The V11 category update was poorly executed.

Dani
06-21-2012, 11:59 AM
I guess there is a maximum number of categories it allows you to have to have that capability. I get a yellow message at the top of the page telling me no drag and drop for me.

V5 was amazing for me at least. I loved that version.

Kmmy
07-10-2012, 07:12 AM
I was just forced to go to V11 from V5 due to V not keeping our inventory correctly. products automatically get added without cause. V couldnt find anything and they said V5 is not supported so we had no option.

Dani, we've been having a nightmare with inventory glitches in V11, would be interested to know if you experience any problems now. We have had mysterious and inexplicable changes to stock, a ticket open for 180 days and counting since it was "verified and reported to the development team" mostly as a result of drop shipping that the cart just can't handle (basic math).
Just wondering, were your inventory problems related to drop shipped items at all?

AWCthreads
07-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Dani, we've been having a nightmare with inventory glitches in V11, would be interested to know if you experience any problems now. We have had mysterious and inexplicable changes to stock, a ticket open for 180 days and counting since it was "verified and reported to the development team" mostly as a result of drop shipping that the cart just can't handle (basic math).
Just wondering, were your inventory problems related to drop shipped items at all?

I'm not Dani, but at least I can validate your concerns. We went through a period of what I call "phantom" glitches in stock (inventory grid).

They were very bizarre and never explained. We haven't had those problems recently and were not related to drop-shipped items. There was no rhyme-nor-reason nor pattern that we could identify.

Dani
07-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Well after moving to V11 and after manually counting over 10,000 products in our store I havent seen inventory issues that I can pinpoint. I do not dropship so whatever was going on in my case wasnt about that. But as AWC mentioned it has happened before.