First Time QuickBooks Integration Questions - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: First Time QuickBooks Integration Questions

Question First Time QuickBooks Integration Questions

Hi all - Belated Merry Christmas to all... I was so busy around the holiday I get even get a chance to pop in and say anything during the holidays! Now that the year is coming to an end I have been reading up on using the QB-Volusion integration and have some questions before I even start. (I have about 4 mo of data in V to import)

1) Which method would be better for catching up for this year - just a download of orders or trying to set up the full web integration? Seems like there is a lot of things missing on orders for the iff file download and I don't know which method would be best for a partial year.

2)If I use the web connection method-it seems like it is best to start with a new company - does that include using the same chart of accounts that I currently have for my company? (I have a custom chart of accounts that was set up for my store years ago)

3)Will the V web QB integration create new items for all my stock in V. Do I have to have all the vendor info in for each item i.e part # and vendor price or will it bring over the item and leave those fields blank?

Also since I have never used this yet you do have any tips or tricks you use that I should know - I would appreciate any comments that you think might help me!

I currently use the QB Premiere Retail Edition 2010 so I think it is compatible with the Volusion interface - I also have a Gold store so I am able to use the QB web connection integration as well if I want to.

I have in the past (on different years) entered individual customer info and aggregate or group customer info (ie web customer). I have never used my QB for detailed customer info so it would be fine with me if the customer info in it was not complete or aggregated into groups (web, phone, etc). I am mostly interested in getting the most accurate order info, stock/inventory levels and tax info for my quarterly and year-end financial reporting.

Thanks again for any help!
    Brenda
    The Gentle Bath & Company

Anyone use this?
    Brenda

I wish I could help, but our QuickBooks and Volusion are mutually exclusive. Apparently they do not play well together. (It may just be our version)

Have you looked at Webgility eCC?

We use this to transfer orders automatically into quickbooks. It also syncs products/inventory.

http://www.webgility.com/quickbooks-...-connector.php

Quote Originally Posted by KeithK9 View Post

We use this to transfer orders automatically into quickbooks. It also syncs products/inventory.

Keith -

This looks like an interesting service and it even appears that it replaces services like OrderCup for shipping. How do you like them? Have you found problems with them?

Found their support service excellent. Had a few issues initially when setting up. they called us here in the uk and ran through everything with join.me session. Seem to be quite responsive for upgrades and have added some features we needed not long after asking for it.

We don't use any of the shipping side, but have found it to be very reliable in auto transferring orders, keeping pricing with store and quickbooks synced.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithK9 View Post

this looks like what I have been looking for! Thanks

***well maybe not. I think it does more than what I need. The Volusion purchase order system appears to be what I need.
    Last edited by shamieya; 01-02-2013 at 01:13 PM.

I'll try again... anyone been able to get the QB to Volusion interface to work? Even just a yes or no it doesn't work would help!

I am so afraid I'll spend hours to set it up only to find out it doesn't work (I have tried ECC in the past but at the time I could not map it with all of my hundreds of options and my QB items)
    Brenda

Brenda,

I seem to recall there were many threads on TOF (the old official V forum) that the QB integration was awful. Therefore, I didn't waste my time trying to set it up.

However, could be old info and I hope someone else responds in the affirmative or negative to you.

However, could be old info and I hope someone else responds in the affirmative or negative to you.
    If I can this weekend, I might be a Guinea Pig and try to use the website integration with my QB. This was one of the main features that I moved over to V for and I am going to be seriously tweaked if it doesn't work. I have all the right conditions and versions according to them so I will just try one download to an empty company and see what I get.
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by GentleBath View Post
    If I can this weekend, I might be a Guinea Pig and try to use the website integration with my QB. This was one of the main features that I moved over to V for and I am going to be seriously tweaked if it doesn't work. I have all the right conditions and versions according to them so I will just try one download to an empty company and see what I get.

I'm sorry...you're most likely to be tweaked then. It is a very rare occasion that we can get Volusion's native QB integrator to work. Very frustrating and we no longer recommend even trying it. We strongly recommend Webgility as it has much more flexibility and functionality.
    Thanks,
    Erik Ellsworth
    CEO
    Convergent7
    Free SEO Analysis

I'm sorry...you're most likely to be tweaked then. It is a very rare occasion that we can get Volusion's native QB integrator to work. Very frustrating and we no longer recommend even trying it. We strongly recommend Webgility as it has much more flexibility and functionality.
    Thanks Erik,

Thanks a bunch! I didn't get to it last weekend after all. I just checked out the Webgility/ECCwebsite again, I did a free trial with them a few years ago and it was so so for me. I saw a number posts in the forum on ECC/Volusion problems and issues. You sound like your customers are having better luck than I did! Which of the modules do recommend and how well do they work?
    Last edited by GentleBath; 01-08-2013 at 12:23 AM.
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by GentleBath View Post
    Thanks Erik,

Thanks a bunch! I didn't get to it last weekend after all. I just checked out the Webgility/ECCwebsite again, I did a free trial with them a few years ago and it was so so for me. I saw a number posts in the forum on ECC/Volusion problems and issues. You sound like your customers are having better luck than I did! Which of the modules do recommend and how well do they work?

We're working with http://www.oofos.com and some of their requirements:

• They use a fulfillment house so they need to transfer orders to them for shipping
    • They're exporting orders from QB because they need to include their wholesale orders which they do not put in Volusion
    • They're not using the shipping module from QB and they're not using the shipping module of eCC.
    • However, they are using eCC to import shipment tracking and cost data from their fulfillment house and they're using eCC to capture the funds of the Volusion order and letting eCC update the online order.

What I like about Webgility is how configurable the data transfer is. You can avoid the sales tax being imported as a line item and you can bring in all the data under one customer (e.g. Web Sales) as well as a host of other options to fine tune the data exchange.

I have not used the shipping module within eCC but it looks pretty straightforward. I originally met Webgility at IRCE a few years back and the product has continued to get better.
    Thanks,
    Erik Ellsworth
    CEO
    Convergent7
    Free SEO Analysis

I have not used the shipping module within eCC but it looks pretty straightforward. I originally met Webgility at IRCE a few years back and the product has continued to get better.

Thanks Erik!

1) I can see all the changes they've made (for the better!) since I first trialed them about 2 years ago. One of my issues at the time were my QB items and webstore items are all set-up with different names (a QB name and Store Name). Now this is the the same problem with Volusion, but it looks like if your start with a blank company, Volusion it will create all the items in your store in QB. Is this right?

2)Will ECC do something similar or do you still need to go item by item and map to V/ECC item to the right QB item? Also have 3/4 of my products with bundles and options. Does ECC handle those well - seems like when I tried them last I would have to create all those bundles (parent/children now in V) in QB too? If you want could you start ECC with a clean company and have ECC build your items? Then could you use your old company expense, banking, etc account names or do you also need new non-item accounts?

3)Does your client use any automation for expenses, po's and banking data or does ECC get into any of this now?

Sounds like your client has a complicated set-up too. I am very simple - one store (sparse eBay/offline sales), one QB, no wholesale, no outside fulfillment I need a way to enter orders in the most accurate way possible. I do count on my QB stock at year-end to be the very final and accurate number so the old saying- garbage in > garbage out, really applies to whatever I use. It would be nice to automate the non-order items too, but I could live with continuing to enter them if I could automate (and rely) at least on my orders!

Thanks again too for taking the time to add your information! It is always very much appreciated!
    Brenda