In case you missed it... - Ecommerce Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In case you missed it...

In case you missed it...

Volusion has always had a great knowledgebase. Looots of good information in there.

It actually is pretty useful. I find the new design much more confusing to navigate, however. I guess if I'm taking a potty break I can be sure to check my phone for Volusion support. Thanks, Volusion.

"fully responsive design" - I'd love it if my template did that

I think this is what puzzled me...

"This is the exact same resource our support reps use to answer your questions over the phone or on live chat. Now you can go straight to the source to get answers even faster."

I truly appreciate V's huge kb and use it all the time (rarely a need to contact support), but I was hoping the reps had more knowledge/better understanding of the V platform than I do!

Hate to say it but every time I contact support via live chat, or the rare phone call, I get the distinct impression that I know more about the software than they do.

It may be that I have been using it for 5 years, and they have been answering questions for 6 months, but it truly seems that way. And of course then there are the customer service reps that just can not be bothered to help. I haven't got any of those recently, oh no...

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post

"This is the exact same resource our support reps use to answer your questions over the phone or on live chat. Now you can go straight to the source to get answers even faster."

I truly appreciate V's huge kb and use it all the time (rarely a need to contact support), but I was hoping the reps had more knowledge/better understanding of the V platform than I do!
    Oh Kelly...you should know better than that by now!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    Oh Kelly...you should know better than that by now!
    LOL. Precisely my problem. Thank God for forums and members! My 'senior' support reps

The extensive knowledge base was one of the things that made me opt for V.

Interesting though that they seem to be cutting corners and squeezing money everywhere they can at the moment. One of my providers is just going down perhaps V are in trouble they seem to be sending out all the signals of a company who are.

If I was a customer service rep I would be worrying right now about my job just like when they started introducing self service checkouts to supermarkets. Perhaps V are planning a round of redundancies.

Excuse my humour....'Out of the world Customer Support...You provide for yourself!'
    Last edited by Kitty; 03-14-2013 at 09:52 AM.

This is the exact same resource our support reps use to answer your questions over the phone or on live chat. Now you can go straight to the source to get answers even faster.
    along with the experience and knowledge of our 350+ ecommerce experts
    How are they experts if they are using the same resource as me, but they don't have the experience to understand what they are reading or how to describe it to me?
    Are they just stating that their customer service reps have absolutely no training, are just sat in front of the database and told to type in "keywords" as we talk to them.
    I remember a company named Harry & David that talked about their "fabulous customer service" only to find out when I joined that you get 8 hours of training and a "knowledge book" that you had to flip through if the customer had a question. Lets just say it led to many an unhappy customer.
    One day I will look back and laugh hysterically at what I had to deal with for so long, and pat myself on the back that I got out when I did.

Seriously if V try grabbing any more money off us I am going to be very wary of the future of the company...

I have not found the knowledge base as useful. Additionally when I call for clarification, the reps usually (well, almost every time I've called) don't know what I'm referring to in the knowledge base.

I have had that happen a couple of times. But I have found the knowledge base really useful in the past in fact occasionally I have called CS and then after not been fully satisfied with options offered explored the knowledge base and found a better solution. I guess that could be down to their training though.

When I worked back at Microsoft back in the 90's they had the "public" knowledge base and the internal one. So, I suspect that there are many articles that you won't see that support has access to.