Conversion rate help. - Page 2 - Ecommerce Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conversion rate help.

This is an interesting read: http://www.webanalyticsworld.net/201...sion-rate.html

Which is a post taken from comments given after a post by Avinash Kaushik: http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/silly...rics-mistakes/

What's your home page bounce rate? I don't think the home page resonates and should be updated. Here are my thoughts:

• Where's your value proposition? Why should I buy from you? Without a reason for them to give you their money you'll make it much harder.
    • Slider needs to be stronger. The blue overwhelms the page but there really isn't a call-to-action. Time to get outside and enjoy...yet the picture is of empty chairs. You need to build an emotional connection to your hero image. Even something like: You Could Be Here...would connect better. Think about how your furniture will make them feel and then connect that to your products and you'll sell more. Also, your images have not CTA button. It is obvious to you that all you need to do is click on the image.
    • The Featured Items are disjointed and not relevant to each other. I'd recommend a theme of products or highlight your best sellers. Have a reason why those products are up there and compel them to want to find out more. I also don't like how they're different next time I come back. What if I wanted to see what was there before?
    • Remember, people don't read on the web...they scan. You need to guide them to where and what you want them to go and do next.
    • Look into your analytics...where are people exiting? Where are the high bounce rates? What keywords are driving those landing page bounces and exits? Focus your efforts there first.

We see so many stores where people just put up their products and think the sales should start rolling in. That is no longer the case. You need to build an emotional connection with your visitor. Develop that trust. There's no penalty for them hitting the back button and going to your competitor so make the most of that visit and give them a reason to do business with you.

You do that and you're conversion rate will increase.
    Thanks,
    Erik Ellsworth
    CEO
    Convergent7
    Free SEO Analysis

Wow...I have a lot of work to do! Thanks everyone for all the help. I will post an update in a few days but I better get back to it...

Quote Originally Posted by mrwishack View Post
    Wow...I have a lot of work to do! Thanks everyone for all the help. I will post an update in a few days but I better get back to it...
    Hi there,

Are you currently running a retargeted ad campaign? If not, I would suggest looking into that to help attract visitors who have come to your site but not purchased as well.

Hope this helps!

- Priscilla @ Lexity