1 Year Forum Party - Ecommerce Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 Year Forum Party

Lightbulb 1 Year Forum Party

We're approaching the 1 year anniversary of this forum - I think around June 6.

WE NEED A FORUM PARTY!

But I don't know what that would consist of. I think a "Best of C7" list might be good - a list of posts that we can categorize and share with others may be a good idea.

Share your ideas and we'll see what we can do that's both fun and informative.

k, but one of my all time fave posts was removed a long time ago... toilet paper -> kitchen

Hah, yeah that was on Volusion's Facebook page, not here. I thought it was still pertinent. :\

Quote Originally Posted by deanp View Post
    Hah, yeah that was on Volusion's Facebook page, not here. I thought it was still pertinent. :\
    Yes, but I reposted it here because it was a classic..still makes me laugh! Removed it when I realized you were getting spanked...

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    k, but one of my all time fave posts was removed a long time ago... toilet paper -> kitchen
    That was a good one. On the old forum though wasn't it?

Talk about some classic posts in TOF. Some of the best bitching I've ever read....and they provided the laugh or two I needed to get through it.

Quote Originally Posted by AWCthreads View Post
    Talk about some classic posts in TOF. Some of the best bitching I've ever read....
    Yeah I grew up a gamer, and I still play this and that. I read some stuff on the old Volusion forum that challenged the rage experienced by teen gamers. No wonder Volusion deleted it all.

I like that this forum doesn't often descend in to flaming, perhaps it's because there's no one from Volusion here to rage at. Some of TOF threads were the online equivalent of an angry mob with flaming torches and pitch forks, those were the days...

I've never been on the old forums so I'm always interested in hearing some of your stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I like that this forum doesn't often descend in to flaming, perhaps it's because there's no one from Volusion here to rage at.
    That's a good point, and I think I know why that's the case.

Go check out the 3D Cart forums some time. Sure, there are some gripes and angry users here and there, but there isn't the type of rage that existed (exists?) on the hidden-from-public Volusion forums. I think that can be attributed to two things that 3D Cart tends to have in its favor over Volusion - a more stable and quicker evolving platform, and accountable and responsive leadership that doesn't hesitate to engage the griefers publicly.

Raging on the Volusion forums is like yelling in a sealed mason jar. That's why I took to blogging my experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by demitrius View Post
    I've never been on the old forums so I'm always interested in hearing some of your stories.
    I have some in my CliffNotes, but I can't publish since not the author and V claims ownership. Good for a private laugh on bad days! Suffice to say the name Vista and others will always hold a place in my heart. Of course, Debacolypse, authorize.not, and the list goes on....and on....and on. LOL.

Toilet Paper -> Kitchen was on this forum before I removed. Beginning to suspect that Dean likes household analogies...mason jars included

Quote Originally Posted by deanp View Post
    We're approaching the 1 year anniversary of this forum - I think around June 6.

WE NEED A FORUM PARTY!

But I don't know what that would consist of. I think a "Best of C7" list might be good - a list of posts that we can categorize and share with others may be a good idea.

Share your ideas and we'll see what we can do that's both fun and informative.
    Google has given us a nice present...have you entered "Volusion Forum" as a search?

I'm thinking road trip to Vegas? Or I guess we could go to Austin and have a party across from the company that made this forum possible?
    Thanks,
    Erik Ellsworth
    CEO
    Convergent7
    Free SEO Analysis

Yeah go to Austin. I need a short road trip. Sorry we couldn't hook up when I was in Anaheim - I was swamped.

No worries...next time for sure. Or, maybe we can all meet up at an ecommerce conference.
    Thanks,
    Erik Ellsworth
    CEO
    Convergent7
    Free SEO Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by eellsworth View Post
    Google has given us a nice present...have you entered "Volusion Forum" as a search?
    Not sure which makes me laugh more, the fact that the first 4 organic results are this site, or the first PPC ad

Switch to Bigcommerce - Sick of your store crashing?
    www.bigcommerce.com/vs_Volusion
    We're trusted by 30k+ live stores.

The competition for Volusion Forum keywords is fierce.

Even Brand Labs wants a piece: http://www.brandlabs.us/brand-labs/o...on-forum-forum