Volusion Enhanced Mobile Live - Ecommerce Forums
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Volusion Enhanced Mobile Live

Volusion Enhanced Mobile Live

Go to Design > Mobile

I did. Nada. Already replied to your other post in the template engine stuff.

We have it on one store, but not the other. We use a custom menu, so make sure you check in inventory > categories to show only the categories you want on the mobile because that's where it's pulling from. We also put our product descriptions in Product Description Above Pricing, so of course that gets striped out, so our mobile products have no description on them.

Anybody know how to get descriptions to show on mobile, but keep our descriptions as they are on our desktop store?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBeauandBelle View Post
    Anybody know how to get descriptions to show on mobile, but keep our descriptions as they are on our desktop store?
    Good question. Our descriptions are above pricing too. Will this impact SEO?

We have it on one store, but not the other. We use a custom menu, so make sure you check in inventory > categories to show only the categories you want on the mobile because that's where it's pulling from. We also put our product descriptions in Product Description Above Pricing, so of course that gets striped out, so our mobile products have no description on them.

Don't have the first clue if this will help, but found it earlier this morning...

http://support.volusion.com/article/...t-descriptions

also the menu order on mobile is not matching up to our admin menu order?? It's all out of whack, anybody care to figure that one out?

also no alternate view pictures in mobile, they are ONLY displaying the one main picture, uugghh, better make sure that ONE picture is a keeper....

Does anybody have any clue how the mobile nav menu works?

I seem to be unable to get new categories or new products to show up on mobile.

And the one product that does show on mobile cannot be added to the cart.
    <div style="float:left;">
    --
    <a href="https://plus.google.com/+ScottWilliamsC7/" rel="me">Scott Williams</a>
    Technical Marketing Manager
    <b>Convergent7</b>
    </div>

It's pretty much exactly like I guessed in the other thread.

http://www.convergent7.com/forum/vol...html#post17499

My guess - the function remains EXACTLY the same. However, the checkout is now mobile (as indicated via the screens provided), and the look will be different to accomodate some semblance of modern standards (of which V has failed so far to provide in all counts).

I can't figure it out. It is randomly showing some of our categories and those are in a total random order on the mobile menu. We have a lot more categories that are visible that are just not showing on mobile.

I haven't tried to add a new product or category, it's a big enough mess as is...

Quote Originally Posted by swilliams View Post

I don't think is a new thing. My mobile Volusion store behaved and displayed the same way back when we were on V.

Yes, it works as intended.

Thank you for choosing Volusion.

I don't recognize what I'm seeing - it's just one list of categories.

mCommerce presents a streamlined and simplified version of your storefront. It takes all the menus in order and extracts only those menu entries that are categories containing products. If you have hardcoded categories or used nonstandard methods for associating categories and products, this may result in duplication of categories.

so if you are like me and add all your product to categories via a spreadsheet upload, the site thinks the categories have no products in them and will not display any of my categories on my mobile site.......

http://support.volusion.com/article/...shooting-guide
    Last edited by Dan2357; 11-13-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: added link to support article

Wrong. It takes some of the menus and puts them in complete random order. Not to mention a complete failure that we don't have the ability to customize our mobile menu!! So all of our important customer service links such as sizing charts, shipping info, return info will not be displayed... Insane.

Also - Hidden Categories are being displayed.

Hidden Categories are not supported on this release.

wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2357 View Post
    It takes all the menus in order and extracts only those menu entries that are categories containing products.

http://support.volusion.com/article/...shooting-guide

Wrong. It takes some of the menus and puts them in complete random order. Not to mention a complete failure that we don't have the ability to customize our mobile menu!! So all of our important customer service links such as sizing charts, shipping info, return info will not be displayed... Insane.

Also - Hidden Categories are being displayed.

Hidden Categories are not supported on this release.

wow.
    well it shows only one of our menus cause it contains the first item i ever uploaded manually before batching the rest.
    Are the menus that it does not show on your site ones that contain nonstandard created items?