edit packing slip header and UPC - Page 2 - Ecommerce Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: edit packing slip header and UPC

oh, well, there is ideas.volusion.com to get that option.

<sorry for the snarky remark. It is just one of those kinda days>

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_ASN View Post
    If grandma can pm the code I put on her site I will look into it as I don't have that code handy on my end.
    Grandma pm'd him the code, I swear!

Here is the code condensed into one script with descriptions for each line. Put it in article 87 - PackingSlip_Bottom

Remove/comment out the line you don't want/need accordingly.

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
    jQuery(function(){
    	jQuery('table[width="100%"][cellpadding="2"]').last().find('tr').each(function(){
    		jQuery(this).find('td:gt(2)').remove(); // this block of code removes "NA" columns from packing slip
    	});
            jQuery('#div_articleid_86').prev('img').remove(); // removes logo from packing slip
    	jQuery('td[width="67%"][valign="top"][align="left"][bgcolor="#f9f9f9"]').find('br').remove(); // removed all the BR tags before the barcode
    	jQuery('td[width="67%"][valign="top"][align="left"][bgcolor="#f9f9f9"] center').remove(); // removes the actual barcode
    	jQuery('td[colspan="5"]').closest('tr').remove(); // Removes black line under Code, Description QTY headers
            jQuery('td[width="50%"][bgcolor="#EEEEEE"]:eq(2)').remove(); // removes payment method header from packing slip
            jQuery('td[width="50%"][bgcolor="#F9F9F9"]:eq(2)').remove(); // removes payment method details from packing slip
    });
    </script>
    And Grandma, I condensed the code so it is now only in 87 but I cannot see it since I don't have access to your Orders. Might want to check that all is well.
    Last edited by Marc_NY; 04-01-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Here is the code condensed into one script with descriptions for each line. Put it in article 87 - PackingSlip_Bottom

Remove/comment out the line you don't want/need accordingly.

And Grandma, I condensed the code so it is now only in 87 but I cannot see it since I don't have access to your Orders. Might want to check that all is well.
    omg, Marc...this is awesome!! Thanks!!!

Still at the office...I'll go check right now.

Thank you Marc!!

Works like a charm, Marc! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Love it! No UPC, no N/A, no price, no credit card info.

I should probably quit for the day while I'm ahead...

Does it work for batch printing? I don't have access to check? I would think not.

awesome Marc! Thank you so much! You rock!

Does it work for batch printing? I don't have access to check? I would think not.
    I'll let you know for sure tomorrow, but I doubt it since the other didn't. Not a huge deal for me. We have fast printers. Batch the invoices, packing slips one by one.

Marc - You totally rock it! I can only imagine what the Volusion platform would look like with you at its head.

It removes exactly the items I needed! Do you know how to extend that to the "Receipt_PrinterFriendly.asp" version of the print out when printing batch packing slips?

Really...I don't know how you know all this stuff....

Again - thanks!

I am sure I could do a lot of code modifications to the page which would include batch printing of packing slips. The issue however is time (mine) and access to a site with batches to work on it.

I am sure I could do a lot of code modifications to the page which would include batch printing of packing slips. The issue however is time (mine) and access to a site with batches to work on it.
    I can understand that completely. Thanks very much for your contributions though...at least when I do print single packing lists, it will show up "correct".

Thanks!
    David

This code replaces the previous code and now works for both batch printing of packing slips and normal single printing.

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    if (typeof runcheck === 'undefined'){
    	var runcheck ='run';
    	jQuery(function(){
    		var batch_order_length = jQuery('table[width="100%"][cellspacing="0"][cellpadding="0"][align="center"]').length;
    		for (i=0;i<batch_order_length;i++){
    			var this_order_body = jQuery('table[width="100%"][cellspacing="0"][cellpadding="0"][align="center"]:eq('+i+')');  
    			jQuery(this_order_body).find('table[width="100%"][cellpadding="2"]').last().find('tr').each(function(){
    				jQuery(this).find('td:gt(2)').remove(); // removes NA columns from packing slip
    			});
           			jQuery(this_order_body).find('#div_articleid_86').prev('img').remove(); // removes logo from packing slip
    			jQuery(this_order_body).find('td[width="67%"][valign="top"][align="left"][bgcolor="#f9f9f9"]').find('br').remove();
    			jQuery(this_order_body).find('td[width="67%"][valign="top"][align="left"][bgcolor="#f9f9f9"] center').remove();
    			jQuery(this_order_body).find('td[colspan="5"]').closest('tr').remove(); // Removes black line under Code, Description QTY headers
    		        jQuery(this_order_body).find('td[width="50%"][bgcolor="#EEEEEE"]:eq(2)').remove(); // removes payment method header from packing slip
            		jQuery(this_order_body).find('td[width="50%"][bgcolor="#F9F9F9"]:eq(2)').remove();  // removes payment method details from packing slip
    		}
    	});
    } 
    </script>
    Last edited by Marc_NY; 04-01-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Marc -

blowing-kiss-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thank you so much - it works like a charm! I really think you need to open a "store" and make these as items you can purchase.

Actually, I am really burnt out.