edit packing slip header and UPC - Ecommerce Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: edit packing slip header and UPC

edit packing slip header and UPC

I saw an older thread about removing the UPC barcode from the packing slip and reference to articles 85 & 86, but that does not seem to be the case for the current version of V.

I would like to remove the logo from the packing slip and replace it with text; and remove the "N/A" under price and total- actually remove those columns entirely.

Does anyone know how to do this for V13?

For the logo, I believe the V variable for text logo would also affect your storefront. If you go under Design > Invoice Logo, you can upload a simple text gif.

I too would love to get rid of the N/A on the packing slip.

I have V13 and changes to my packing slip.

both found under Category ID {5}Order Finished...
    86 Receipt.asp PackingSlip_Top
    87 Receipt.asp PackingSlip_Bottom

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    I have V13 and changes to my packing slip.

both found under Category ID {5}Order Finished...
    86 Receipt.asp PackingSlip_Top
    87 Receipt.asp PackingSlip_Bottom
    86 & 87 allow you to include additional text to the packing slip. I am looking for a way to modify the body of the text, i.e. get rid of the "N/A" columns, etc. Or did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieF View Post
    Or did I miss something?
    Melanie,

Not something, someone. Marc. There's a bunch of code in mine...I don't have the first clue what it is and I don't touch it. He implemented it for me a long time ago. No UPC codes and no credit card info on the packing slip. Never dawned on me to whip off the N/A's. Would make sense

I'd shoot Marc a PM and see what he'd charge you to do.

Melanie - I spent literally hours last night searching for the css code for the packing slip with no luck. Nothing, nada, zip. I could not find any page content, article or source for the body of the thing! All that we have access to the the Top of and Bottom of both the printed/send to Invoice and Packing Slip.

On my packing slip, somehow the shipping address has a bold large font style. When I inspected the webpage of the slip, I saw it was an actually hard coded section (Font size=3). Now on my Invoice the Buyer's and Shipping address are both styles the same. At first I thought the packing slip had some site-wide style applied to the s. address but it doesn't seem it be. I gave up but wasted a lot of time looking.

I was trying to re-purpose my send-to customer invoice as a backorder notice. I was able to revise the content that I have access too enough that it will be doable using the order notes and product variation fields I am able to type in enough for it to make sense. I never could find any more than the top and bottom code for either.
    Brenda
    The Gentle Bath & Company

I think all we've ever had access to is the top and bottom of the packing slip.

Despite 'removal' seem to recall that Marc said it's really there, but 'covered' .... way out of my comfort area here, so I don't want to post the code and mess up everyone on the forum.

The 'removal' changes appear to be accomplished with jquery. At least in both of mine. I'm assuming the top for the credit card info and the bottom for the UPC code. I don't have the first clue how to accomplish the N/A or Price column...or if even possible.

Add to article 87

Code:
    <script language="javascript" src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(function(){
    	jQuery('table[width="100%"][cellpadding="2"]').last().find('tr').each(function(){
    		jQuery(this).find('td:gt(2)').remove();
    	});
    	jQuery('#div_articleid_86').prev('img').remove();
    });
    </script>
    You can then add your replacement text to article 86, styling it accordingly and it will appear where the logo image was.
    Last edited by Marc_NY; 04-01-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Marc, you are aaaawesome! Goodbye N/A. Hello clean packing slip.

ditto on the aaaawesome! Thank you so much!

I love my new packing slip
    Last edited by MelanieF; 04-01-2014 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleBath View Post
    Melanie - I spent literally hours last night searching for the css code for the packing slip with no luck. Nothing, nada, zip. I could not find any page content, article or source for the body of the thing! All that we have access to the the Top of and Bottom of both the printed/send to Invoice and Packing Slip.
    Thanks for looking!

I don't suppose I could go out on a limb here and ask if there is a simple way to also remove the barcode?

If grandma can pm the code I put on her site I will look into it as I don't have that code handy on my end.

What would be helpful is if they made the "packing list" an actual packing list and allowed you to change the useless "Price" and "Total" to something more useful like "Qty Shipped" or "Back Ordered". The N/A does zero for the packing slip. Heck, even if they just added a square box for the packer to "check off" the item in the order instead of having us circle it like we do now.

These simple and logical things are what sometimes disappointments me about the Volusion platform. I mean - really, N/A? Why even put price and total on the form - it looks like it was just copied over from an invoice instead of starting out as a packing slip.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_ASN View Post
    If grandma can pm the code I put on her site I will look into it as I don't have that code handy on my end.
    Will do...while praying that I don't accidentally publish something with the new admin look. LOL