BC is offering free migrations to V customers - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: BC is offering free migrations to V customers

BC is offering free migrations to V customers

Which kind of pi$$ed me off to receive in my PM inbox, but I'll spread the word.

Having moved many Volusion stores to a variety of other platforms including Bigcommerce, I have to add that this is an incredible deal. The worst, most difficult part of a migration is the data migration. This will save you countless hours and headaches (especially if you have a large catalog).

To be clear, when Bigcommerce offers free migrations, it includes the following:

- Customers (without passwords)
    - Products (with images)
    - Product Options (though depending on complexity this is not guaranteed)
    - Categories

You are still responsible for the template (of course BC has many free ones) and the store settings.

Note: this only comes with their Platinum package or higher.
    <div style="float:left;">
    --
    <a href="https://plus.google.com/+ScottWilliamsC7/" rel="me">Scott Williams</a>
    Technical Marketing Manager
    <b>Convergent7</b>
    </div>

Scott...hmm, the title of my PM reads Free Volusion Migrations...doesn't say anything about Platinum, so I kind of took that to mean anyone.

I dunno, unwanted solicitations is kind of poop to me. They should have posted this instead.

Supposedly their price is also increasing on the 8th for new customers, and the free help they give will go away.

From a BC Sales Rep. that has done an incredible job of touching base with me:

FYI. .we are changing our pricing for the first time in four years. .on the 8th. .The current Diamond that comes bundled with the marketing help...will be gone..those 3 hours of help will now be $600..and the $149 Platinum is going to $199.

I just received an unsolicited phone call from a Big Commerce rep, who read my current post about orders not going through.

That is the quickest way to NOT get my business. I do not appreciate sales pitches this way. The salesperson had not bothered to read my other post stating that, although unhappy with Volusion, I am not ready to make the leap to another platform. And it likely won't be BC because I have received unsolicited calls from them in the past, asked to be removed from their call list, etc and it never happens (even though each time the sales reps assure me they will put me on that list).

Volusion may be a pain in the a**, but my business grew over 33% last year and I do not think it is the V platform holding it back. I am quite happy with my business' growth and it is my lack of time available that slows things down and not V. (At least... not at this point in time.)

Just logged on to the BC site and it still shows the price for the Platinum plan at $149.99 and Diamond at $299.99. Their annual pricing knocks another 10% off that price.

I plan to play around with their demo store this weekend and am leaning towards the Platinum plan, which will save me on average around $300 a month. If I go the BC route, I hope to open the new store this summer. I'm not sure if some of the issues mentioned previously will prevent me from migrating. I only wish they had a Loyalty program integrated into the site. They have an external app, which costs $20 a month. On the plus side, they have a free carousel/ slider built into some of their free template, which helps greatly as I'm tired of our current home page and didn't want to spend more for something if I can get it elsewhere for free.

They also claim their shared SSL certificate is free while I think V just charges us around $85 or so for a one year commitment. I'm just tired of all of the nickel and diming V has been doing, and the fact that I cant verify our bandwidth usage and hence their pass along costs...

PS. No sooner did I say all of this and I noticed they just updated their pricing this morning. Grrr...

We actually had BC reached out to 3d customers in the same way, I think the migration offer wasn't 100% accurate, it was pretty basic and not any different than what any user could do via cart2cart.

If anyone has actually gone thru the process, it would be great to know if it worked out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning2000 View Post
    Just logged on to the BC site and it still shows the price for the Platinum plan at $149.99 and Diamond at $299.99. Their annual pricing knocks another 10% off that price.
    Not sure if you already reviewed 3d, but with the Power Plan we would give you about the same limits and more features for $129.99/mo. There is also annual pricing which gives 15% discount. And for an Annual Power Plan, we would migrate the data from V to 3d at no additional cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning2000 View Post
    I only wish they had a Loyalty program integrated into the site. They have an external app, which costs $20 a month. On the plus side, they have a free carousel/ slider built into some of their free template, which helps greatly as I'm tired of our current home page and didn't want to spend more for something if I can get it elsewhere for free.

They also claim their shared SSL certificate is free while I think V just charges us around $85 or so for a one year commitment. I'm just tired of all of the nickel and diming V has been doing, and the fact that I cant verify our bandwidth usage and hence their pass along costs...
    Regarding features, 3d has built-in Rewards Loyalty program, Home Page Carousel, and it comes with a shared SSL at no additional cost.
    Jimmy Rodriguez
    3dcart.com

We have actually have a 3dCart site we are close to launching. There are some weaknesses doing batches with payment. If you want to authorize at sale and capture when you process the order, you have to go in to each individual order and click a capture button. With Volusion, you just select all your orders in processing, create a batch and click collect payment. Another issue on 3dCart is that is that if you modify an order by adding an item, you cannot charge the additional amount through the order interface. You would have to go to your merchant accounts virtual terminal and manually make the charge. Also, from what I can tell you can't do partial credits to cards via the 3d interface. It looks like you can only do a full refund.

Volusion has its faults, but the admin is pretty powerful.

Also, we have StoneEdge and with Volusion if there is any problem with an import you can reset that particular import in the admin and re-import. With 3d, this is the response I got from StoneEdge support:

Unfortunately 3dCart doesn’t have that kind of built in feature that can integrate with StoneEdge. The orders that are sent from 3dCart to StoneEdge are the ones that StoneEdge requests, which is always the next highest web order number than what’s already in StoneEdge. So if you need to reimport an older order, we need to actually go into the code and place breakpoints to stop the import in the middle and manually change the web order number request.
    Jimmy, please correct me if I am wrong.

Why is everyone in love with carousels? Most of the time your conversion rate will take a hit.

Test, test, and test! That way you know what really works, and avoid the latest cool fad being pushed by Graphic Artist types, that hurts your conversion rates.

Reference:
    http://conversionxl.com/dont-use-aut...gnore-the-fad/

Quote Originally Posted by OHC View Post
    We have actually have a 3dCart site we are close to launching. There are some weaknesses doing batches with payment. If you want to authorize at sale and capture when you process the order, you have to go in to each individual order and click a capture button. With Volusion, you just select all your orders in processing, create a batch and click collect payment. Another issue on 3dCart is that is that if you modify an order by adding an item, you cannot charge the additional amount through the order interface. You would have to go to your merchant accounts virtual terminal and manually make the charge. Also, from what I can tell you can't do partial credits to cards via the 3d interface. It looks like you can only do a full refund.

Volusion has its faults, but the admin is pretty powerful.

Also, we have StoneEdge and with Volusion if there is any problem with an import you can reset that particular import in the admin and re-import. With 3d, this is the response I got from StoneEdge support:

Jimmy, please correct me if I am wrong.
    Glad you currently have a 3dcart account. And thanks for the feedback on this issues.

I might be able to implement a solution for the "Batch Payment" and the "Stone Edge Download" requests. Just email me directly on these.

For the partial refunds and additional charges, it's specific to the payment gateway, but with the frequently used ones like Authorize.net, USAePay, Stripe, etc. you're able to do this from the order within 3dcart.
    Jimmy Rodriguez
    3dcart.com

Batch payment in 3dcart would be a great feature!

Yikes! I didn't know that you couldn't 'batch' payments in 3d...

I actually made the leap or rather the first step towards BC . I signed up for the Platinum plan which included free migration. May 1 the plans were supposed to change and to get free migration you would have to stay at the plan for 6 months before you could downgrade. I honestly don't remember if I called them first or they called me. I wouldn't think they would need to do cold calls since the rankings have come out by several places ranking them the #1 shopping cart or at least in the top 3. I have been talking to them on and off for over a month. I like Volusion for the most part but the bandwidth is killing me. I need to make a profit and changing to BC will save me over $200 month during my busy season. Not so much during the winter, but I assume my business will continue to grow which will mean the bandwidth will only get worse. I was immediately dismayed when setting up the shipping with my "success squad consultant" that you can't check if a product qualifies for free shipping. It is all or nothing unless you have put flat rate shipping on the item. I hate to put in the time and energy, not to mention $ for designer to make a new template look and operate the same, if it is going to be an over simplified system at every turn. Has anyone run into other limitations with BC for things we take for granted in Volusion?