Thread: Category Design Help

Category Design Help

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to add a few simple things to my category pages and hoping someone can help.

Here is a typical category page: http://www.dkoldies.com/nes-games/

Here are the things I can't figure out how to do:

1. Sub Category Text Links (Clearance, Action, Family, Sports) below the images. I would like them to be in 1 row instead of 2 by 2. BC does not have a setting for this and you need to change it using HTML.

2. Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    There are actually 17 pages here and I would like this to have a better was of displaying and selecting a page.

3. 24 products are being show as a default. I would like to add a selector where you can choose to see 50 or 100 products at a time.

Anything else anyone would suggest that I can add or fix would also be appreciated.

Steams, I apologize for the hijack...hoping someone 'in the know' can help you.

However, I'm just wondering if the change has been good/bad for biz. If you get a 'spare' moment, can you let us know or shoot me a PM? Thanks!

I love that I left Volusion. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Steams View Post
    I love that I left Volusion. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.
    What's the major benefit? More customers, lower costs, or something else?

Major benefit is honest communication about servers, updates, and issues.

I also like the cost and no longer have to worry about bandwidth overages, but I would have stayed with volusion if it was just a cost issue.

If there is a problem in my business I need to know what that problem is. The way Volusion would communicate gave me the impression that I was not wanted there. That I had no right to know about issues. It felt like they were not telling the whole truth when asking them questions. I don't know if they were lying, but that's the impression I got. BC has been a breath of fresh air as far as that is concerned.

Now, keep in mind I rarely use BC's normal tech support and ticket system. I have a plan that has 1 dedicated person that I can call with any and all issues. He is also the one who transferred me over and he has been amazing. I tell him that the site is slow and instead of the normal Volusion "I can't replicate that, everything seems fine." He says, yes your right I will have it taken care of and then it is. The first time that happened at BC my
    Mind was blown.

Right before leaving volusion I complained about the transparency and communication and told them I wanted to stay if that could be fixed. They gave me a guy I could call with issues, but he was no different and that's when I left for good.

Thanks, Steams.

And I hope someone is able to help with your category design help!