Bar code added to invoice - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: Bar code added to invoice

Bar code added to invoice

Anyone know an easy way to add a bar code under each part number on an invoice?

I'm assuming you use Volusion's packing slips. Here was the easiest way I found within Volusion's packing slip system:

In your browser, set up a bookmark shortcut that you can easily access. Name it something you'll remember, then add this code as the URL you want to save (it should work in recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, and IE).

Code:
    javascript: (function() {
        jQuery('td[bgcolor="#F9F9F9"][width="12%"][valign=TOP]').each(function() {
            var abc = jQuery(this).text();
            jQuery(this).html('<span style="font-family: \'Free 3 of 9 Extended\'; font-size: 48px; padding-left: 15px; font-weight: normal;">*' + abc + '*</span>');
        });
    })();
    Replace the name of the font with whatever barcode font you have installed and like best. You'll need to keep the \' if it has any spaces it. But from there, you can tweak the font size and padding until you find something that works. That code should catch all product codes on the sheet.

If it doesn't work, let me know. I only tested it on our already tweaked set up at the end of the day.

EDIT: I said packing slip, but it should work just as well on the invoice page.

I made a script a while back which does exactly this. I will have to dig it up unless Grandma saved it in her Cliffnotes?

Thought I'd seen this before.

Possibly. I'll check as soon as I get into the office.

Sorry, Marc...I don't have it...just packing slip stuff.

Given lack of time with short notice of old forum closure, I probably skipped it due to nature of my site. We send invoices via email. Only in package by request.