Customer Record Incomplete - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: Customer Record Incomplete

Customer Record Incomplete

Not sure if this is a bug... does anyone else see this?

Customer records for orders that are placed via Mobile, are blank but for the email address. These are also orders that are "anonymous checkout", though perhaps that is a default with mobile checkout - not sure as I have never used it myself.

Does anyone else see this? Is this normal behavior? All other orders have the customer name, address, etc filled in. These do not!

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieF View Post
    Does anyone else see this? Is this normal behavior? All other orders have the customer name, address, etc filled in. These do not!
    Melanie,

Can you clarify? Are you talking about ID info in customer accounts? name, address, phone, etc?

The only customer accounts with 'blank fields' appear to be for those who don't place an order...either newsletter signup, bail, repeat 'anonymous' customer who ends up with account password...no order. Some 'anonymous' others not.

Assuming that out of all of our customers somebody had to check out via mobile... I didn't look too closely since very few 'blank' customer accounts.

Or is there somewhere else I should be checking?
    Last edited by GGG; 09-06-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: losingmymind

ALL customer records created by customers placing orders via "MOBILE"- their cust records are blank except for email address. No name, no address, etc. Anonymous checkout is checked. No other fields.
    Anonymous checkout customers placing orders via non-mobile... no problem- all the data is there- name, address, etc.

Ok, something weird is going on with your store then. Definitely not seeing that here..

Opened a ticket with V. They responded it was because it is an anonymous checkout order. I wrote back to re-open the ticket. sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieF View Post
    Opened a ticket with V. They responded it was because it is an anonymous checkout order. I wrote back to re-open the ticket. sigh...
    Melanie,

Do you perhaps have the mobile storefront/checkout turned on? I don't.

Unless every mobile customer of ours is signing up for an account vs anonymous (NOT!) there is something funky with your store.

I've seen that several times also -- but all the shipping info is there when I pull it into Ordercup (though it says Anonymous User in the name field) -- and usually they have been paid by PayPal.

There is no problem with printing labels, the shipping info is in the order record. It is the customer record that is blank. I do use mobile checkout.
    There is no issue with the order itself- it goes thru just fine. It is the customer record itself that is blank. I looked back through several months and there is no info in the customer record going back as far as April, so I am guessing that this is the way Volusion is processing orders that come in via anonymous checkout over mobile, and that there is response is that it is supposed to be that way!

What I don't understand- a non-mobile, anonymous checkout customer record contains all the info. So why can't a mobile, anonymous checkout customer record do the same?

Melanie,

I think perhaps for mobile anonymous coming in via mobile checkout vs mobile anonymous coming in via 'normal' checkout. Or perhaps PayPal issue that Birdsafe mentioned.

Our mobile anonymous customer records have all the info...but we don't use mobile checkout.

Well... got fed up waiting for the ticket and called. They actually admitted it is a "problem" with mobile checkout and anonymous customers. The tech I spoke with appeared surprised and did not say it is a known issue.
    I will not take any bets on how long it takes them to fix a problem that goes back, at least in my customer records, to last April if not longer.