One page checkout activity/error report - Page 3 - Ecommerce Forums
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: One page checkout activity/error report

This new version of the ASP code now includes the customers IP address, and the user agent (browser type). The javascript code has not changed for this update.

Code:
    10/1/2014 11:29:27 AM
    2525 | Joe Smith | joesmith@yahoo.com
    A095F895CD55540A81A40E03F5EB4493
    96.57.77.24 | Mozilla/5.0(WindowsNT5.1)AppleWebKit/537.36(KHTML,likeGecko)Chrome/37.0.2062.124Safari/537.36

Please note: Shipping rates have been updated based on your new "ship to" address. Please review then resubmit your order.
    Please fill in the Billing Address field First Name.
    Please fill in the Billing Address field Last Name.

ASP code...

Code:
    <%
    Option Explicit
    Dim subject : subject = "One Page Checkout Activity Report"
    Dim email_to : email_to = "abc@website.com"
    Dim email_from : email_from = "abc@website.com"
    Dim time_offset : time_offset = 3
    Dim VSMTPKey : VSMTPKey = "<------------enter your key here-------->"

Dim CartID5 : CartID5 = Request.Cookies("CartID5")
    Dim Errortext_formatted
    Dim i

Dim c_name : c_name = Server.URLEncode(Request.Form("c_name"))
    Dim c_email : c_email = Server.URLEncode(Request.Form("c_email"))
    Dim c_id : c_id = Server.URLEncode(Request.Form("c_id"))

Dim User_info_html : User_info_html = ""

If c_id <> "" then
             User_info_html = User_info_html & Server.URLEncode("<a href='https://") & Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") & Server.URLEncode("/admin/AdminDetails_Generic.asp?table=Customers&ID=") & c_id & "'>" & c_id & "</a>" & Server.URLEncode(" | ")
    End If
    If  c_name <> "" then
              User_info_html = User_info_html & c_name & Server.URLEncode(" | ")
    End If
    If c_email <> "" then
             User_info_html = User_info_html & Server.URLEncode("<a href='mailto:") & c_email & "'>"  & c_email &  "</a><br>"
    End If

if Request.Form("Errortext").Count > 0 then	

For i = 1 To Request.Form("Errortext").Count 
    			Errortext_formatted = Errortext_formatted & Server.URLEncode(Request.Form("Errortext")(i)) & "<BR>" 
    		Next 

Dim HTTPRequest1
    		Set HTTPRequest1 = CreateObject("WinHTTP.WinHTTPRequest.5.1")
    		HTTPRequest1.Open "POST", "http://" & Request.ServerVariables("LOCAL_ADDR") & "/vsmtp.asp", False
    		HTTPRequest1.SetRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
    		HTTPRequest1.SetRequestHeader "Host", Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")
    		HTTPRequest1.Send _
    			"VsmtpKey=" & VSMTPKey  &_
    			"&Subject=" & Server.URLEncode(subject) &_
    			"&FromEmailAddress=" & email_from &_
    			"&ToEmailAddress=" & email_to &_
    			"&Body_HTML=" & Server.URLEncode(dateadd("h", time_offset, now())) & "<br>" & User_info_html &_
    						      Server.URLEncode("<a href='https://") & Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") &_
    						      Server.URLEncode("/admin/admindetails_generic.asp?table=CartIDLog&ID=") &  CartID5 & "'>"  & CartID5 & "</a><br>" & Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_HOST") & Server.URLEncode(" | ") & Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT") & "<br><br>" &_
    						      Errortext_formatted
    		response.write(HTTPRequest1.ResponseText)
    End If

%>

Works fine, pretty neat. I have it running, will see what kind of information comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_NY View Post
    This new version of the ASP code now includes the customers IP address, and the user agent (browser type). The javascript code has not changed for this update.
    Excellent. I was just about to ask if we could get the IP address. Perfect. Will try it out.

Latest Email - Customer did checkout after this error.

Please choose a shipping method below.

Just ran a test with cleared cache. No IP address returned.

Ok, but what about a customer who calls and says web working fine for all sites except mine. Check out page is 'frozen'... taking minutes to load. Yesterday and today.

Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H. View Post
    Just ran a test with cleared cache. No IP address returned.
    Disregard. My mistake. It works fine.

Marc is a genius. What a great idea!

I am pretty overwhelmed with all the info emails coming in. I have not looked enough to know if there is a problem inherent on my site or that my customers are just stupid.

Marc- Thanks for adding IP address. That also helps me to map it to clicky.com if I am watching real time activity.
    Is there a way to indicate if the person is using mobile vs non-mobile checkout? <-- never mind, I see the info with the IP address info... THANKS!!!
    Last edited by MelanieF; 10-01-2014 at 02:30 PM.

If you are getting any e-mails then they are all from the standard checkout as the code is only running on that page.

And I would say they are just stupid.

**sorted it out** bad coding on my part, but I do have a question how to you remove the FAX input field?

I installed the script.. very cool thanks, but I do not get the Name, Email address info like in your example code? I do have the latest code from above, not sure what the issue could be I tried a few things but no luck, does it not work under the admin login?
    Last edited by BMS; 10-01-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Interesting... over the last few days this is the most frequent error message:

"The email address you've typed already has an account. Please type a different e-mail address or click here to go back and login."

I know this has to do with anonymous checkout and I SOOO wish they would fix this problem. I have so many customers who place repeat orders with anonymous checkout and get really confused.

This is by far the same error I am getting but in our case we do not allow anonymous checkout. I believe the customer are just not selecting login and checkout on the shopping cart but rather selecting goto checkout as a new customer. I wish Volusion would make it a real one page checkout. There is really no reason for the shopping cart page. Everything could be put in the checkout page.

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieF View Post
    I know this has to do with anonymous checkout and I SOOO wish they would fix this problem. I have so many customers who place repeat orders with anonymous checkout and get really confused.
    amen. amen. amen.

This is by far the same error I am getting but in our case we do not allow anonymous checkout. I believe the customer are just not selecting login and checkout on the shopping cart but rather selecting goto checkout as a new customer. I wish Volusion would make it a real one page checkout. There is really no reason for the shopping cart page. Everything could be put in the checkout page.
    And for those of us who allow 'anonymous' checkout... there is no reason for anyone to ever see this error. There are many, many sites who allow checkout despite email on file!
    Last edited by GGG; 10-03-2014 at 04:43 AM.

If you guys liked this feature then your are really going to like the next one...

At this time I do not think I will be including cart contents, at least not as a freebie.