Google Analytics registering my visit from Houston vs. my location? - Ecommerce Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Analytics registering my visit from Houston vs. my location?

Google Analytics registering my visit from Houston vs. my location?

Is there funky stuff going on with Google Analytics that I don't know about?

I've been working all day on updating older products. Every time I edit a product page, GA is registering my visit as coming from Houston vs. the Windy City. I've never seen this behavior before. At first, I thought perhaps something to do with the V admin, but it's not showing Austin.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I normally have my own IP excluded, but I took a quick look just now and mine is showing the correct location. Not Texas.

This is driving me crazy. What is up with GA? My index is whacked out, I'm definitely NOT in sunny and warm Texas... and I'm staring down the face of Mobilegeddon.

Visit my site right now and I'll tell you where you are. lol

You are in Texas. What device/service are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    You are in Texas. What device/service are you using?
    Comcast. I'm on my work PC right now. Definitely in gloomy Chicago.

Could this all have something to do with the analytics tag on my sandbox site? Something V related?

Let me try popping in on my Android next...

Grandma broke the Internet. My GA went down. Not working on any devices here right now.

Your work IP service provide could be coming out of a different location than you may think. That far away is not usually typical but possible. Sometime I can show up using my cellphone's IP location that is 100's of miles from where I actually am.
    Last edited by Marc_NY; 04-06-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Grandma broke the Internet. My GA went down. Not working on any devices here right now.
    hahaha! I feel like breaking something right now. I'm on my Droid in your store right now.

The least it could do is register my visit from a tropical island... on a beach.. with an umbrella drink.

try going to my site so I can see

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_NY View Post
    Your work IP service provide could be coming out of a different location than you may thing. That far away is not usually typical but possible. Sometime I can show up using my cellphone's IP location that is 100's of miles from where I actually am.
    That's why I thought I'd try with my Droid, but I broke the internet... again.

Marc, I'm there right now on my work PC. I'll try the Droid next.

Edit post: KKS wasn't kidding. GA is completely down.
    Last edited by GGG; 04-06-2015 at 04:07 PM.

I agree with Marc about location. Comcast showed me in an adjacent state for a long time. Then downstate. Only recently showed an exact location.

*edit: neighboring state would be better description.

Not sure this is you?

United States, Texas, Houston, 77001
    Comcast Ip Services L.L.C.
    Chrome
    Windows 7 (x64)
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2272.118 Safari/537.36