How do I get Google to crawl my site and deem it 'mobile friendly'... ? - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: How do I get Google to crawl my site and deem it 'mobile friendly'... ?

How do I get Google to crawl my site and deem it 'mobile friendly'... ?

Not that I'm eager to pass the test or anything .... but all the mobile warnings are still showing up in GWT and the letter they sent me has a noreply address.

Is there a way to ask Google to crawl my site for mobile usability?

You could go into Google webmaster tools and submit a feed manually but really, just let them do what they do naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_NY View Post
    You could go into Google webmaster tools and submit a feed manually but really, just let them do what they do naturally.
    Ok, as long as they do it within the next 24 hours. haha!

Home page is showing as mobile friendly on the phone. Yay!! However, not the other pages yet. Crossing my fingers those pages don't fall in the mobile SERPs. This would be a bad time for us.

It will either show as mobile friendly or not. There isn't any "I hope it will soon". If it isn't then contact your DEV and have them fix it.

I thought each page was crawled separately vs. entire site to deem 'mobile friendly'... was hoping they just hadn't been crawled yet.

At least some of our category pages and some of our product pages are deemed 'mobile friendly'... so why wouldn't others be? I'm going to give it a little more time. However, running a specific product page through mobile friendly test now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_NY View Post
    It will either show as mobile friendly or not. There isn't any "I hope it will soon". If it isn't then contact your DEV and have them fix it.
    Yep, I think they're crawling each page individually vs. site. I just did a test on a bestseller that's still not showing in mobile SERPs as friendly, but attaching screen shot of Google mobile test. All is good. They need to get a move on!!

mobilefriendly.jpg