BC Product Vendor Info - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: BC Product Vendor Info

BC Product Vendor Info

Back when I switched to Volusion, I looked at BigCommerce and almost selected it, but one of the big issues was the fact that you could not set different vendor warehouses for shipping purposes (i.e., drop ship). It was a big thing back then on the BC forums and was supposed to be addressed in the next release (V6), which was not the case.

I am now re-evaluating BC using a trial store and it seems that you STILL cannot set separate warehouses for products -- it doesn't even look like you can set a vendor and vendor cost to products. Am I missing something? Can someone using BC confirm this or let me know where to look for vendor/warehouse settings?

I also find it annoying that you can't join the BC Community Forums to ask questions unless you purchase a plan.

Can confirm.

This was a major issue for me as well. I considered switching to BC, even paid for a plan for a couple months to "test" it out but alas I cancelled yesterday.

Thanks --- big bummer. Users were complaining about that with BC 5 years ago and they were promised it in release 6, but it never came about. On to Americommerce evaluation, I think.

Thanks -- I also looked at them when I chose Volusion and it was a close choice, but at the time they didn't have a rewards program. They have some really good features, including a back-in-stock date field for products, which would save a lot of time answering questions from customers. They don't currently integrate with Ordercup, which would be an issue, but they have some really good partners and integrations, as well as some great templates.

I'm also looking at 3DCart with a trial -- what I would really like from one of these carts is a vendor-specific purchase order generation for my ordering purposes from my vendors, but when you talk to sales reps about it they don't seem to understand the concept.

Anyone know anything about Pixafy?

I certainly like the idea of their tagline: "Leverage the capabilities of Magento without a developer for $89/month"

http://www.pixafy.com

What's the catch?

Quote Originally Posted by ED10 View Post
    Anyone know anything about Pixafy?

I certainly like the idea of their tagline: "Leverage the capabilities of Magento without a developer for $89/month"

http://www.pixafy.com

What's the catch?
    If it sounds too good to be true . . .

Interesting. They offer free trials too. Here is a discussion on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Magento/comm...of_55_magento/

Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    If it sounds too good to be true . . .

Interesting. They offer free trials too. Here is a discussion on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Magento/comm...of_55_magento/
    I feel like I'm in a never ending rabbit hole. As soon as I start diving into any platform I find major concerns. It makes me feel better about sticking with Volusion for so long.

What is with all these security vulnerabilities on Magento?
    http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...re/1188921.htm
    https://threatpost.com/remote-code-e...latform/112334

I looked long and hard at Americommerce.
    Since you are doing a new template I assume you decided to stick with V.
    Is there any one thing that pushed you over.

3dCart is in beta with their new admin, and getting user feedback on in their forums. My guess is you have a way in a 3dcart store to test out the new admin interface.

>b) 3DCart... I'll never make the change to 3D as long as they have that outdated admin or unless/until I can pay someone else >to stare at it all day. Deal breaker for me even if it was free.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdsafe View Post
    Thanks -- I also looked at them when I chose Volusion and it was a close choice, but at the time they didn't have a rewards program. They have some really good features, including a back-in-stock date field for products, which would save a lot of time answering questions from customers. They don't currently integrate with Ordercup, which would be an issue, but they have some really good partners and integrations, as well as some great templates.

I'm also looking at 3DCart with a trial -- what I would really like from one of these carts is a vendor-specific purchase order generation for my ordering purposes from my vendors, but when you talk to sales reps about it they don't seem to understand the concept.
    Hi Birdsafe,

3dcart has a Purchase Order system, it would be great if you get a chance to take a look at it and give me feedback on it. I'm sure that if it's not close to what you need, we can definitely look into adjusting it (that's right, we offer custom development of the 3dcart platform for unique business needs).

We also have a Multiple Warehouse/Distributor feature for products that need this.

And ritchey is correct, we have a new Admin Interface just released. We're actively taking beta testers to help us get this ready in the next month or so.
    Jimmy Rodriguez
    3dcart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Hi Birdsafe,

3dcart has a Purchase Order system, it would be great if you get a chance to take a look at it and give me feedback on it. I'm sure that if it's not close to what you need, we can definitely look into adjusting it (that's right, we offer custom development of the 3dcart platform for unique business needs).

We also have a Multiple Warehouse/Distributor feature for products that need this.

And ritchey is correct, we have a new Admin Interface just released. We're actively taking beta testers to help us get this ready in the next month or so.
    Thanks Jimmy -- I will take a look and see if it would meet my needs. Seeing the new admin would be a plus as well; there are some issues I have with the current back-end -- though of course I realize that many of them have to do with not being familiar with something "new" and would be the case in any new platform, just a matter of getting used to.