Place order button in the worst place possible.. - Ecommerce Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Place order button in the worst place possible..

Place order button in the worst place possible..

We just launched our new redesigned responsive site today... On the new onepagecheck out page the "Place order" button is at the top of the page instead of being where any normal person would expect it, at the bottom of the page after the credit card info. I know about the location and when placing a test order I froze for a few seconds after entering the credit card info and said to my self "oh my god, there is no place order button.".

What were they thinking? So unnatural.. Clearly they know it sucks since they formatted the volusion checkout page completely different so that you never go below the fold and lose the place order button..

Anyway, enough ranting, has anyone figured a way to fix this? I tried hiding the order comment and place order button with CSS and then manually entering the html into the " one_page_checkout_below_place_order " field. This worked great but caused checkout errors on mobile..

Any ideas, any solutions?

I am not sure of your store URL, but in general you can change the width of the following two elements to 100% width and that will do what you want. You'll want to look at your media.css file for each breakpoint that is lower than 100% and change it accordingly. You would also need to do the same for desktop users that is usually found in your one-page-checkout.css file.

Code:
    .checkoutpage #table_checkout_cart0 { width: 100%; }
    #v65-onepage-ContentTable { width; 100%; }

Yes, one of the most absurd things I've seen in a long time.

Mine is now at the bottom, so I know there's a way to fix it. Unfortunately, I can't tell you how it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_NY View Post
    I am not sure of your store URL, but in general you can change the width of the following two elements to 100% width and that will do what you want. You'll want to look at your media.css file for each breakpoint that is lower than 100% and change it accordingly. You would also need to do the same for desktop users that is usually found in your one-page-checkout.css file.

Code:
    I was thinking of that but then I am left with all that blank space where the order overview used to be.. The URL is giginewyork.com

GGG and Marc, what is your URL's, I would love to see how you did it.

I didn't, CV7 did ... but I'll pm you my url.

So your forced into the enhanced checkout for responsive? Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_NY View Post

Code:
    A more correct way to do it is...
    In your onepagecheckout.css file:

Code:
    #content_area #table_checkout_cart0 {
      clear:both;
    }
    Setting widths to 100% are then then optional, but preferred. I see no need to set any breakpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by ritchey View Post
    So your forced into the enhanced checkout for responsive? Lovely.
    No you are not, but if you want to avoid a whole lot of layout issues then use it. Actually, I believe it is better than the standard checkout, except for the FOUC (Flash Of Unstyled Content) problem. We will be using it when we publish our responsive version.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H. View Post
    Actually, I believe it is better than the standard checkout, except for the FOUC (Flash Of Unstyled Content) problem.
    Yes, that FOUCing thing... and the ridiculously small and ugly looking shipping choice button.

For the shipping choice button, when does that show up? I guess when the customer has not entered an address yet.

Any options for making it larger? Or changing the text on it?

It seems to do nothing when you click on it.

The whole thing is weird. It seems to change once you begin to enter an address. Of course, I believe that people who have already calculated shipping (and who wouldn't?) on the cart page think there's no need to re-enter/select shipping anyway.

Bottom line... I've had > 300 'please select select shipping method below' error emails via Marc's script in the past three weeks. Still working on a usability fix.

So I've been playing with this - I got the table to display at the bottom, and order notes, subtotal, etc all show correctly at 100%. The Your Order and Order Items still stay at their smaller percentage and I cannot find where I am missing the width tag... any suggestions?2015-06-01 10_40_49-Discount Hydraulic Hose.jpg2015-06-01 10_41_00-Discount Hydraulic Hose.jpg2015-06-01 10_41_07-Discount Hydraulic Hose.jpg

I want to know how you implemented a 'choose your shipping method' banner above that drop down. I'll have to dig deeper into your OPC.

Suffering banner envy here...

That's an image file in Article 113 for us...

I just fixed this for a client and came here to warn you guys about it, but - surprise! - it was already affecting you.

Here is the help page for that article that explains how it breaks the UX of your checkout process:
    http://support.volusion.com/article/...mplate-feature

Turn this off ASAP. The only thing Enchaned Checkout enhances is the quantity of abandoned carts and phone calls you receive.