Volusion premium templates. Vol-buttons.js another Volusion FAIL - Page 2 - Ecommerce Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volusion premium templates. Vol-buttons.js another Volusion FAIL

I could be wrong though...I will run some tests.

Rick,

Your step 3 and 4 doesn't make sense.

3. The "Get Shipping Options" button must be displayed.

4. Do not enter shipping info. This will remove the "Get Shipping Options" button.
    PM me your test site

If you are not using coupons then yes you may still have an issue, I need to account for no coupons and make a modification but cannot do that at the moment.
    Last edited by Marc_NY; 06-30-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Give me a quick call on our toll free.

I looked into this a bit more and have somewhat a solution. I would prefer to install it and test on a site that wasn't currently live to get it tweaked rather than a live site.

The only code that requires modification is the vol-buttons.js script and one image file upload.

Rick are you game?
    Last edited by Marc_NY; 07-01-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_NY View Post
    I looked into this a bit more and have somewhat a solution. I would prefer to install it and test on a site that wasn't currently live to get tweak it rather than a live site.

The only code that requires modification is the vol-buttons.js script and one image file upload.

Rick are you game?
    Sure. Contact me.

Here is the tested script to stop the "coupon apply" button and / or the "get shipping options" button from being triggered when you hit the enter button when any of your product quantity input fields are in focus. This will restore the intended and proper functionality of the enter key.

Add the following to the end of your vol_buttons.js file.

Code:
    if (PageName() == 'shoppingcart.asp') {
        $.expr[':'].focus = function(elem) {
            return elem === document.activeElement && (elem.type || elem.href);
        };

$(window).keydown(function(event) {
            if (event.which == 13 && $('input[name^="Quantity"]').is(':focus')) {
                event.preventDefault();
                $('#v65-cart-update-total-cell').children('#btnRecalculate').trigger('click');
            }
        });
    }
    Last edited by Marc_NY; 07-06-2015 at 06:37 AM.

Here is the tested script to stop the "coupon apply" button and / or the "get shipping options" button from being triggered when you hit the enter button when any of your product quantity input fields are in focus. This will restore the intended and proper functionality of the enter key.

Add the following to the end of your vol_buttons.js file.
    So I should add this? I see some other stuff at the end of the file related to 'Quantity' and I don't want to mess anything up...

It already is added to your site.

It already is added to your site.
    Thanks, Marc!

I would've sworn it was different yesterday, but I may have eaten too much funnel cake this weekend...

Thanks Marc_NY! I decided to forgo using their design services when opting for a so called "premium template". With vol-buttons re-enabled, the look/feel improves. It also deserves mention that buying said template is also not a necessity, with a little coding knowledge.