Sites (Volusion powered) that I can use for examples in my SEO efforts - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: Sites (Volusion powered) that I can use for examples in my SEO efforts

Question Sites (Volusion powered) that I can use for examples in my SEO efforts

Hello,

I'd like to please ask for some assistance.

After taking over this job, I've been working (read: 'cleaning up') on our site.
    I'd appreciate some suggestions of some sites (preferably clothing sites, but that's not absolutely necessary) powered by Volusion that have good/interesting SEO (h* tags, meta, structure elements section/nav/article/etc, product features, etc) strategies in place, please.

I admit that there is a lot of work left to do on our site (we've had so many people that have done odd things work on it over the years...and now myself probably doing odd things), but I'm trying to work in better/any SEO strategies as I go. To have some examples of how others have done SEO (while being constricted by the same Volusion based boundaries as myself) would, I believe, help a lot.

Speaking of "a lot of work", if anyone spots anything odd that I haven't caught yet, feel free to berate me about it.

Our site: japaneseweekend dot com

In footer 2015Japanese runs together.

I see room for improvement in the conversion area.

Content seems weak.

Yes, thank you about the "2015Japanese", missed that. I recently tried to minify my code (which was a mistake and have just undone) which caused more than a few problems with text spacing (and killed my flippy text banner in the header for a bit).

Conversion area? Speaking of the conversion funnel (which I've been banging my head about for a while now with little improvement) or the conversion code snippets themselves (AdWords, G Analytics, Facebook, etc)?

You have non-secure elements on your https pages, including checkout. Thus, the lock icon in the browser shows the page as not secure. This should be prioritized above your SEO efforts.

As a rule of thumb, you should set up your site so that if any page is loaded as https, it should be fully secure. You can do this by using relative links instead of absolute links to the non-secure elements.

This has been discussed in these forums in the past.
    Last edited by Rick H.; 07-16-2015 at 06:25 AM.

Regarding the https issue, use this tool:

https://www.whynopadlock.com/

At least part of the problem is the images you are pulling from your blog.
    Last edited by Rick H.; 07-16-2015 at 06:15 AM.

Mine isn't an SEO comment. Rather a comment from shopper perspective.

Are all of your garments made in the USA? If so, I'd change that first slide from locally made to made in the USA. Since the site is called japaneseweekenddotcom, at first I thought you were talking about locally made in Japan. Had to go to the about us section to clarify. Plus, I assume you're trying to appeal to a nat'l target vs. local?

"Are all of your garments made in the USA?"
    99.52% of our product types are made in the USA. It's only one seasonal product that's made in China (and it's currently out of stock for a few more months).

Thank you, I'll look into that.
    I thought asking for critiques like that would be imposing too much, but this feedback is nice. I appreciate it.

Conversion Funnel

[QUOTE=JohnJW;29565]

Conversion area? Speaking of the conversion funnel (which I've been banging my head about for a while now with little improvement)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJW View Post
    Hello,
    Speaking of "a lot of work", if anyone spots anything odd that I haven't caught yet, feel free to berate me about it.

Our site: japaneseweekend dot com
    I don't see very much of a connection to social media for this site. Is the company using facebook/pinterest/twitter, etc? Imo, these are great ROI places for apparel retail marketing and if used should be publicized on the mail website, through footer icons, the blog, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Melon View Post
    I don't see very much of a connection to social media for this site. Is the company using facebook/pinterest/twitter, etc? Imo, these are great ROI places for apparel retail marketing and if used should be publicized on the mail website, through footer icons, the blog, etc.
    Icons/links are in the footer as a very small horizontal bar, but I plan to make them more prominent (still a horizontal bar, same area, larger, more uniform icons) as time allows.

Quote Originally Posted by ritchey View Post
    Conversion funnel
    Is there anything in particular that you would suggest changes made to?

John,

Can you slow down the slideshow a little bit? I'm a pretty fast reader, but I couldn't keep up.