Real Time Analytics - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: Real Time Analytics

Real Time Analytics

I would like to have a screen up in our office showing real time statistics;

- Current Visitors
    - Time On Site
    - Page Views
    - Most Popular Pages (for the day)
    - Keywords Used (for the day)
    - Conversions (for the day)

I am currently with Volusion and shortly switching to Big Commerce.

I have played around with Google Analytics Real Time and a little bit with Woopra, but neither seem to give me what I want above.
    Do any software programs provide a Dashboard that shows the items above?

Thanks

I have been using clicky.com for years and love it. I have a Pro account, $60/year and feel it is worth every penny.

I particularly love the (optional) "ding" every time someone new lands on my site. Instant gratification
    LOL simple pleasures, even if it does not turn into a sale- at least I can see what they are doing, where from, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieF View Post
    I have been using clicky.com for years and love it. I have a Pro account, $60/year and feel it is worth every penny.

I particularly love the (optional) "ding" every time someone new lands on my site. Instant gratification
    LOL simple pleasures, even if it does not turn into a sale- at least I can see what they are doing, where from, etc.
    Thanks for sharing that Melanie - I just signed up for a free trial of clicky.com based on your comment and the Spy and Big Screen are very cool! Now I just need to peel myself away from watching the Spy screen and get back to processing orders

Spy is way cool and my favorite screen.
    This product has helped me to identify bad links and checkout issues. In some ways, it is far easier than using Google Analytics because it gives you simple things to look at easily. You can then go to GA if you want to dive deeper into analysis or completely drown yourself in data.

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieF View Post
    This product has helped me to identify bad links and checkout issues.
    Melanie, do you know if clicky can see proprietary customer info? Are you using heat maps?

Our bounce rate has been through the roof since we've gone responsive and I'd love some more analytical info. I've thus far avoided because I don't know who's sitting on the other end of the screen when a customer is checking out.

Not sure what proprietary info you want to see, but here is a screen shot of one page of info available for each customer. There is more available than this. When I combine this info and watch my abandoned cart page (and match by IP address) I can see if they have entered customer info and what they have in their cart.

Capture.JPG

Thanks, Melanie. I should have been clearer.

I meant that I don't want clicky (or any other program) recording or seeing customer proprietary info.... especially on checkout pages. Do you know if they can?

Do you use the heat maps feature? How has clicky helped you with checkout issues? Do you think it could help me identify the bounce rate issue?

GGG,
    Clicky cannot see what is in your cart, customer info, credit card info, anything like that. It can see IP address.
    The heat map is a feature of a higher cost version than what I have, so I do not have any experience with it.

Clicky has helped me to zone in on where customers leave my site and possibly why. If I pick a customer and watch real time, I can see someone who struggles with the checkout page, for example, asks for a password reset, etc. On occasion, this has helped me to be proactive in answering a Contact Us help message; by knowing where the location is, it helps me rule out fraud seekers (Malaysia sites viewing a lot of pages).

Also helpful is the Content tab which shows Pages, Entrances, and Exits. It has helped me see products that I get a huge amount of traffic to and few sales- so I then do internet searches and adjust pricing (or not).

Another useful tab is Links, which shows incoming and outgoing links, so I know where people came from.

You will find useful the Platforms tab where you can see browsers, OS, avg time, bounces, etc.

Searches is less helpful now than it used to be because the majority are [secure seach] so you can't see it. But there are still plenty visible. This has helped me to identify key words or phrases to add to product descriptions (or modify). Of course, they got to my site using it... but still.

You can set up goals and have a unique sound when a customer lands on a specific page or action (I have a cash register ring when a customer hits the checkout page

All of this information is available via Google Analytics. I simply find the layout to be much easier to digest. I can always go to GA if I want to dig deeper.

Thanks, Melanie. When I look at GA, I'm just seeing bad news everywhere.

Maybe a fresh look would help...

Thank you so much Melanie!
    I love Clicky and am having fun playing around with it. I find it much easier to use than Analytics. But, I have found its not perfect, some numbers are off and I can't figure out why.
    But, I still love it and appreciate you telling me about it.