Anyone having trouble with USPS international rates? - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: Anyone having trouble with USPS international rates?

Question Anyone having trouble with USPS international rates?

Over the past week, I've been seeing international customers getting "Rates Unavailable." from USPS. Anyone else having trouble with this?

Haven't changed any of our shipping info in a while, so thought it might be a hiccup somewhere along the line between us and the USPS live rates gateway. Not ruling out that someone here clicked a button by accident, still might have missed something, so double checking anyway.

It has been working ok for me (via Ordercup); but I do not use it much these days.

No issues on our end - we offer first class and priority mail international. Rates have been coming through the live gateway on the Volusion site without any problems. Is it any particular country that is giving you grief?

Thank you.

Yeah, no one place in particular. Canada, France, Japan, Germany are the ones so far.
    Also tried it myself a few times faking that I'm from Europe and got the same response.
    One of us must have screwed something up somewhere. I'll go triple check the settings and maybe give Volusion a call to check it over.

Thank you.

Yeah, no one place in particular. Canada, France, Japan, Germany are the ones so far.
    Also tried it myself a few times faking that I'm from Europe and got the same response.
    One of us must have screwed something up somewhere. I'll go triple check the settings and maybe give Volusion a call next week to check it over.

Thank for checking on your ends.

My/Our fault after all (although I don't know when, how or why I or anyone else here would have fooled with it).
    Seems United States and "All Countries" got switched.

My broken International rates:
    Include - United States
    Exclude - All Countries
    Should be:
    Include - All Countries
    Exclude - United States
    =/

...I'm more upset that I missed that in my double, even triple, checking of the settings.

Thanks for looking.

That would definitely do it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJW View Post
    My/Our fault after all (although I don't know when, how or why I or anyone else here would have fooled with it).
    Seems United States and "All Countries" got switched.

My broken International rates:
    Include - United States
    Exclude - All Countries
    Should be:
    Include - All Countries
    Exclude - United States
    =/

...I'm more upset that I missed that in my double, even triple, checking of the settings.

Thanks for looking.
    I am not so sure that you missed it. My settings look that way also. I wonder if V did something to update shipping settings and this got switched. I would never have selected "all countries" for USPS domestic rates.

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieF View Post
    I am not so sure that you missed it. My settings look that way also. I wonder if V did something to update shipping settings and this got switched. I would never have selected "all countries" for USPS domestic rates.
    OK - I think Melanie is right. I checked mine and while I am not receiving any rates not available errors, I think the rates that are coming up are backup rates rather than calculated rates. My settings for international USPS also look screwed up w/ international set to include US and nothing else. GRRRRR!!!!
    Last edited by katherine; 12-16-2015 at 06:52 PM.