Volusion, Custom vSMTP and DMARC Policy for AOL.COM and YAHOO.COM - How do you send? - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: Volusion, Custom vSMTP and DMARC Policy for AOL.COM and YAHOO.COM - How do you send?

Question Volusion, Custom vSMTP and DMARC Policy for AOL.COM and YAHOO.COM - How do you send?

We have a response system using vSMTP on volusion (http://www.convergent7.com/forum/vol...estions-2.html) and it has worked well for some time. We send mail "as" the senders address and this is great for injecting right into the CRM system since the CRM recognises the "FROM" address as the customer. It also allows any regular emails that come to our mailbox to be replied to with just the standard reply button, not with some cut and paste from the form.

So, fast forward and now AOL and Yahoo are doing SPF blocking records that specify that you CANNOT send as their domain. So I have this now:

vSMTP > Submits internally to Volusion's Mail server (mx2.emailsrvr.com) > Volusion's server checks the SPF records for AOL.COM and sees that they don't allow "send as" > email rejected to customer from Volusion server

While I understand the purpose of a hard fail on SPF send as, the reallity is that this is a highly useful function and I'm wondering if there is any way around this without moving to a third party system in which control is 100% ours.

Ha! How refreshing to read questions of which I have no clue what you are talking about. Well... I sorta get it, but I definitely have no answer.

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieF View Post
    Ha! How refreshing to read questions of which I have no clue what you are talking about. Well... I sorta get it, but I definitely have no answer.
    For those that use vSMTP off Volusion AND set the "FROM" field to that of a host that has SFP records set to HARD FAIL, you'll have to become familiar with this issue.

For the time being, I've set an IF THEN to root out the aol.com and yahoo.com addresses but I know this won't be a perfect solution because there must be other hosts that perform a hard instead of a soft fail.