Custom PayPal intergration - Page 3 - Ecommerce Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Custom PayPal intergration

Well we had the Paypal logo in the shopping cart and above the "standard credit card checkout" and suddenly no one used checked out with Paypal (almost). It turned out the code in the drop down menu at the "one-page-checkout" was outdated so the customer could not choose Paypal at the "one-page-checkout". But it clearly showed, well in my mind at least that it is too early to ask for choice of payment in the shopping cart. People expect to enter address info before they enter payment details why I am a big believer in Marc's Paypal drop down menu.

Not sure I understand you, are you saying that people used the drop down PayPal option in the onepage more often?

I have the new code that works in the one page which I was using all of last week.This week, I also have developed and implemented a totally new checkout based on the mobile checkout which now is the only checkout I am running for customers unless they opt out via a link and then they can use the regular checkout with PayPal in the dropdown. Only a few have chosen to opt out as most of the sales are showing up in the process orders page as "mobile". The opted out could simply be "shopping cart" links that are cached in their browser. Stats on sales in $ and sales in amount of orders from the yesterday suggest that this is the way to go. Yesterday sales in $ was 200% above the moving daily average and sales in order quantity 155% above moving average.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Well we had the Paypal logo in the shopping cart and above the "standard credit card checkout" and suddenly no one used checked out with Paypal (almost). It turned out the code in the drop down menu at the "one-page-checkout" was outdated so the customer could not choose Paypal at the "one-page-checkout". But it clearly showed, well in my mind at least that it is too early to ask for choice of payment in the shopping cart. People expect to enter address info before they enter payment details why I am a big believer in Marc's Paypal drop down menu.
    Last edited by Marc_NY; 10-26-2016 at 03:35 AM.

Marc... how do I get this revised checkout for my site?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_NY View Post
    Not sure I understand you, are you saying that people used the drop down PayPal option in the onepage more often?

I have the new code that works in the one page which I was using all of last week.This week, I also have developed and implemented a totally new checkout based on the mobile checkout which now is the only checkout I am running for customers unless they opt out via a link and then they can use the regular checkout with PayPal in the dropdown. Only a few have chosen to opt out as most of the sales are showing up in the process orders page as "mobile". The opted out could simply be "shopping cart" links that are cached in their browser. Stats on sales in $ and sales in amount of orders from the yesterday suggest that this is the way to go. Yesterday sales in $ was 200% above the moving daily average and sales in order quantity 155% above moving average.

Correct Marc. It seem from my experience more people prefer to use the drop down checkout.

Looked at your site and added an item to the cart (you had mentioned it was OK) and even that I was on the PC it gave me the mobile checkout version, just as you mentioned. It was easy to click on the link for PC check out.
    I am excited to hear how this work out for you in the long run. Please keep us updated.

Thanks

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_NY View Post
    It is way to early to tell sales wise as it has only been one day since going live but in that first day, sales total in $ has jumped 150% and total sales in orders has doubled. So take it for what its worth.
    Hi Mark,

I was wondering if your mobile checkout is still as impressive at the conversation as you listed back in October (see above). Did you want to share any inside information ??? -You still think it is a good idea with the mobile checkout for use with desktop checkout ???

Ken

Also going to bump this - I have had enough problems with customers checking out currently that I am thinking of switching over to this - how has it continued to work out? Looks like your still using it so I'd imagine pretty good?