Abandoned Cart (V) code - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: Abandoned Cart (V) code

Abandoned Cart (V) code

Hi,

It seems that I have corrupted my abandoned cart letter (the basic V version) and I no longer have the code that you include in the letter that pastes the person's cart contents into the letter.

Can someone please check the template and let me know what it is?

I have this: $(AbandonedCartURL), but all this does is take the person to their cart page. Somewhere there should be a $() that works to include the contents in the letter. Yes? Or is my memory worse than usual?

thank you!

<a href="$(AbandonedCartURL)">here</a>

Here's the longer version I use for my letter:

Feel free to reply to this email or to come back to the store and finish placing your order
    click <a href="$(AbandonedCartURL)">here</a>.

EDIT: i just reread your post and am not sure what you are specifically looking for.

Oh... I am looking for how to embed the contents of their cart into the email itself. Or does V do this behind the scenes somewhere?

I didn't think it did which is why we use a third party software... also V is still manual for sending them correct - you have to go to abandoned and view the ones older than x hours... I was hesitant to use a program for handling this but I found value and ROI in it within one week. Look into AutoResponderMax. There are a few others out there too.

I tried AutoResponderMax a number of years ago- it was a total waste of money and I got 0 return from them. I know they have upgraded/improved since, so I may give it a try again.
    However, I chatted up Mailchimp and they say they are working on a free integration with Volusion. They offer integrations with several of the e-commerce platforms and are adding more as quickly as possible. They made it sound like the hold-up was on the V side (a big surprise there); but in any case I may try to hold out for that.

More recently I have been using Vextras for a couple of months. It works fairly well, sorta. When it works, it works- the caveat is that there are so many if-then rules that it I was spending hours upon hours trying to figure out how to get exactly what I wanted. Sorta like on the surface it is very simple, but the moment you try to drill down you bump into all kinds of gotchas.

MelanieF I would give AutoresponderMax another look. I read about them here on this forum (forget who it was, sadly) but went and tried it. Set up was easy as could be. I do two different campaigns right now, the abandoned cart retention and a welcome email for new customers. Abandoned cart works as it should but the welcome email really surprised us. We thought it would just be a nice customer service thing to do, but it ends up people get the email, click on the web link in the email go back to the site and buy again before they even get their initial order!

I also use Vextras for Mailchimp integration, but their abandoned cart retention was half baked at best. We realized we could potentially be bugging someone every other day with their set up. ARM at least allows you to exclude a customer for a period of time once contacted so you're not bugging them every time they put something in their cart. I know Vextras just put out an upgrade, but I've been happy enough with ARM to not want to switch.

What's also cool is that ARM has great support and will help you create filters, rules, etc to do some amazing emails and automated tasks. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by marc.vasquez View Post
    What's also cool is that ARM has great support and will help you create filters, rules, etc to do some amazing emails and automated tasks. Love it!
    It might have been you Marc that recommended it. I've been trying to think o f other ways to utilize it, just haven't had any really good ideas come to mind.

Vextras also copies all transaction details for each order. Does ARM do that also?

(I am out of town right now, but will try out ARM again soon)