Cloud Zoom Anyone? - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: Cloud Zoom Anyone?

Cloud Zoom Anyone?

Client noticed a feature on another website that allows image zoom while in the product listings. I believe they are using cloud zoom but not in volusion (http://www.scottbarber.com/Mens-Spor...Fall-2016.aspx).
    Has anyone used cloud zoom in Volusion or is it possible to achieve this same effect somehow in Volusion?
    Thanks in advance for your input.

Note: ...I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum but I do not see how to delete it, apologies. Mods please relocate accordingly, thank you.
    Last edited by Fuzzy_Melon; 02-17-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Melon View Post
    Client noticed a feature on another website that allows image zoom while in the product listings. I believe they are using cloud zoom but not in volusion (http://www.scottbarber.com/Mens-Spor...Fall-2016.aspx).
    Has anyone used cloud zoom in Volusion or is it possible to achieve this same effect somehow in Volusion?
    Thanks in advance for your input.

Note: ...I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum but I do not see how to delete it, apologies. Mods please relocate accordingly, thank you.
    OK well got it to work and I believe it is a value added product! My client loves the way that zoom will activate in the main category listed images before having to go into the detail page. Pretty cool.

Are you saying that you got it to work on a volusion site? Looks like it is a separate plugin that you have to purchase. Does Volusion now offer it?

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieF View Post
    Are you saying that you got it to work on a volusion site? Looks like it is a separate plugin that you have to purchase. Does Volusion now offer it?
    Hi Melanie, yes Magic Zoom is from a separate company (magictoolbox) that would be a purchase to use. My client is currently using it in Volusion for image zoom in the category products listing pages, kind of like (but not) this:
    http://www.scottbarber.com/Mens-Spor...Fall-2016.aspx
    It is not an offering in Volusion itself.
    Last edited by Fuzzy_Melon; 03-06-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Hopefully they don't have a lot of products listed, that will eat up some volusion bandwidth..... interesting feature but if all the images need to load the giant image as well as thumbnail for every item on the page, I hope they are hosting all their images elsewhere and not on the volusion server if they do have a lot of products and or traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2357 View Post
    Hopefully they don't have a lot of products listed, that will eat up some volusion bandwidth..... interesting feature but if all the images need to load the giant image as well as thumbnail for every item on the page, I hope they are hosting all their images elsewhere and not on the volusion server if they do have a lot of products and or traffic.
    Will definitely load the larger images so the increase in bandwidth is inevitable for sure. This puts more of an emphasis on Volusion-based image size and quality-of-finish disciplines. Regardless, an increase of bandwidth charges (I believe the last one increased by $20) vs. the value-add to customers will be an interesting statistic to review. Our analysis points to a return on investment, or at least enough to cover 25 bucks or so.

And an update - yup, even with refining large images, the monthly will go up around $50-$75 this month. Client is aware and still thinks its a value added feature for his customers, so there it is.
    Last edited by Fuzzy_Melon; 03-08-2017 at 01:03 PM.