Hello all --

This is a great community. I wish I would have found this board a few years ago! I want to automate routine processes and I hope someone on here can lend a hand...

Background:
For various reasons, we use google sheets to maintain stock inventory levels for all our products.

Problem:
Pushing correct inventory levels to our Volusion store is a manual process (save the gsheet file as CSV, import the CSV to Volusion).

Solution: We want to:
  1. Use the Volusion API to populate our google sheet with all the products in our store
  2. Push updated stock levels back to Volusion.

What I already know:
I have the generic API query string for products, login and encrypted password. I have a good understanding of Google sheets. I have a basic understading of scripting. Other than that, I don't know much.

What I need help with:
  1. Is this feasible?
  2. Would I need to add ASP/SQL files to the backend?
  3. Google Apps script code that will pull the product list (including hidden and child products) and populate a google spreadsheet. I'm thinking that this script would need to reference column headers in the sheet as product fields
  4. Goolge Apps script code that will push the updated stock levels back to Volusion. This would probably need to be on a separate sheet leveraging a separate script.

There are more things I'd like to accomplish (adding products, shopping feeds, etc), but this is a good first step. I'd plan to update this thread with the solution I find to help out the community.

Thanks and Happy selling!