NEW PayPal Express on Checkout Page - Page 2 - Ecommerce Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW PayPal Express on Checkout Page

OK, so even more strange... as I looked further into this. It seems the customer either placed 2 orders, of which only one showed up in Volusion, or somehow made 2 different payments. This all from the same customer...
    The order that I shipped was for $100.45. The amount that Paypal said to hold was for $84.95. Both payments are in the Paypal transaction log, yet only the $100.45 payment actually showed up in an order. So... what I see is that the $84.95 is for the item without shipping added to it... this is a screw up somewhere on the hand-shake between Paypal and Volusion.

So.... it worked for me for a while, but now I also see that the Paypal option has completely disappeared from all checkout options, even though Paypal is marked as ACTIVE on the payment settings page.

NOTE: I consulted with Volusion and confirmed that this change actually breaks it, and Paypal disappears completely as an option... so don't do it! For now, you will have to see "Paypal Express Upgrade" until they fix what, IMO, is clearly a bug in the interface.
    Last edited by MelanieF; 11-08-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieF View Post
    So.... it worked for me for a while, but now I also see that the Paypal option has completely disappeared from all checkout options, even though Paypal is marked as ACTIVE on the payment settings page.
    It will only work if you change the name back to PayPal Express Upgrade.

This morning Volusion confirmed for me that the text "Paypal Express Upgrade" cannot be modified:

"Currently at this time it is not possible to modify the PayPal Express Upgrade Payment Method name but I can note this for our developers as a change that you would like to see in the system."

This morning Volusion confirmed for me that the text "Paypal Express Upgrade" cannot be modified:

"Currently at this time it is not possible to modify the PayPal Express Upgrade Payment Method name but I can note this for our developers as a change that you would like to see in the system."
    Yes I found out the same thing. This is pure Volusion stupidity.

OK, so even more strange... as I looked further into this. It seems the customer either placed 2 orders, of which only one showed up in Volusion, or somehow made 2 different payments. This all from the same customer...
    The order that I shipped was for $100.45. The amount that Paypal said to hold was for $84.95. Both payments are in the Paypal transaction log, yet only the $100.45 payment actually showed up in an order. So... what I see is that the $84.95 is for the item without shipping added to it... this is a screw up somewhere on the hand-shake between Paypal and Volusion.
    I have had the same problem twice in the past 3 days. I reported it to Volusion on Nov 7th and again today - no word back on a resolution yet. What I have seen both times is that the customer receives a "Your session was unexpectedly lost. It may have expired. It may be helpful to login to complete checkout." error on the first attempt to place the order and a " Please choose a shipping method below. Please select a "Shipping Method" below to continue." error on the second attempt. The order finally goes through on the third attempt, but the PayPal payment is processed on both the second and third attempts (once with shipping, once without).

Quote Originally Posted by katherine View Post
    I have had the same problem twice in the past 3 days. I reported it to Volusion on Nov 7th and again today - no word back on a resolution yet. What I have seen both times is that the customer receives a "Your session was unexpectedly lost. It may have expired. It may be helpful to login to complete checkout." error on the first attempt to place the order and a " Please choose a shipping method below. Please select a "Shipping Method" below to continue." error on the second attempt. The order finally goes through on the third attempt, but the PayPal payment is processed on both the second and third attempts (once with shipping, once without).
    OMG this sounds so similar to errors I am receiving... but the work it will take to trace... UGH

Quote Originally Posted by katherine View Post
    It may have expired. It may be helpful to login to complete checkout." error on the first attempt to place the order and a " Please choose a shipping method below. Please select a "Shipping Method" below to continue." error on the second attempt. The order finally goes through on the third attempt, but the PayPal payment is processed on both the second and third attempts (once with shipping, once without).
    We get the expired session error a lot, and we don't even use paypal. The main reason I won't accept paypal currently is I have been able to complete a checkout on a V store via Paypal, and exited the paypal window before completion, and it sent the order through to Volusion and parts arrived at my door, unpaid. The shipping method is happening too frequently too. Now we are seeing problems entering credit cards on phone orders and checkout where it will error out and you have to refresh a few times to get it to accept.

*sigh*

We get the expired session a lot; complaints from customers about the checkout process. Lots of abandoned carts.
    Most frustrating is that I cannot tie it to any one thing. It is always something that could be blamed on the customer.

Yep! We are at least happy people still call to checkout but I wonder how many are just shopping elsewhere.