IP Blocking by Country - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: IP Blocking by Country

IP Blocking by Country

Is there a way to block an entire country by IP address instead of having to block individual IP strings? For instance, I have no intent of selling to anyone in Vietnam or Manchuria, to name just a couple of suspect nations. Isn't there a way to exclude an entire nation, which automatically then blocks any IPs emanating from that country? I can't tell you how many IP strings I have to continually add for one specific country....

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning2000 View Post
    Is there a way to block an entire country by IP address instead of having to block individual IP strings? For instance, I have no intent of selling to anyone in Vietnam or Manchuria, to name just a couple of suspect nations. Isn't there a way to exclude an entire nation, which automatically then blocks any IPs emanating from that country? I can't tell you how many IP strings I have to continually add for one specific country....

Marc
    None that I know of - we also block IPs from quite a few countries either due to rampant fraud (Nigeria, Ghana, etc.) or because certain countries have caused us nothing but problems with customs delays, lost/returned packages etc. We have done it all via individual IP ranges.

Agreed Katherine. Singapore has always been a headache for us. We can only assume that customs are opening our packages and inspecting our merchandise because the customer reports receiving it in a way that wasn't shipped to them like that. We had to make the decision to suspend shipments to Singapore, if they are quite possibly breaking our goods in an effort to see what is inside. Other nations are just nuisance for us. When the mean level of income is maybe $400 per month, somehow we doubt they have them means to pay for our merchandise.

Marc