Vextras vs Privy - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: Vextras vs Privy

Vextras vs Privy

Volusion's email newsletter today mentions Privy integration. I spent a little time on their site and it looks similar to what Vextras does. I've been thinking about signing up for Vextra to get the Volusion-Mailchimp integration. Does anyone have any experience with Privy and can compare the two services?

One thing I notice with Privy is that there is a free level of service. It also includes pop-up mailing list signup forms (so I could do away with my AddThis subscription) and inline list signup forms (which I'm currently using FormStack for).

Quote Originally Posted by adventureguide View Post
    Volusion's email newsletter today mentions Privy integration. I spent a little time on their site and it looks similar to what Vextras does. I've been thinking about signing up for Vextra to get the Volusion-Mailchimp integration. Does anyone have any experience with Privy and can compare the two services?

One thing I notice with Privy is that there is a free level of service. It also includes pop-up mailing list signup forms (so I could do away with my AddThis subscription) and inline list signup forms (which I'm currently using FormStack for).
    I'm not seeing the abandoned cart or transactional emails (first order, product specific emails, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore View Post
    I'm not seeing the abandoned cart or transactional emails (first order, product specific emails, etc).
    You're right. It looks like for abandoned cart, you need a separate service called Recart.

The more I look at Privy, it seems more of a direct replacement for my Addthis/Formstack services (more for pop-ups and collecting subscribers). Vextras looks to be more about the customer and sales integration for V and Mailchimp.

We use Vextras and it is essential. Vextras is very easy to use, set up and it works great. We use it for several things. Most importantly is integrating MailChimp and Volusion. So, each product a customer has purchased flows into MailChimp so we can segment emails. We also use it to send abandoned cart emails, product review emails and an order follow email. We are soon going to use it to replace the standard order confirmation emails Volusion sends to customers with nicer HTML emails that we can customize. For what it does, it is cost-effective.

We dont use Privy but use JustUno, which I think is similar. We use JustUno to present offers to customers, such as give us your email and get a coupon code. What is best about JustUno is that the coupon code is generated instantly customers dont have to go to their email. We have multiple offers on different pages according to product category.

Hope this helps.

Paul