Marketplace Access through SellerActive - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: Marketplace Access through SellerActive

Marketplace Access through SellerActive

So, in addition to our web site, we have been selling on eBay for 19 years. We have been approved to sell on the Walmart Marketplace site and have an Amazon store that we never fleshed out largely because we were hoping for a more robust integration with Volusion. We have been approved to sell on Jet and I think its just a matter of time before other big box merchants such as Target, JC Penny and Sears roll out some sort of third party marketplace.

We have been approached by a company called SellerActive, which they claim is fully integrated with Volusion and can help get us onto all of these marketplace sites in a relatively easy-to-use format. One of the reasons I gave up with the Walmart Marketplace was that it was way too difficult to understand. Everything was loaded into an Excel spreadsheet with far too many variables and attributes that seemed to contradict one another.

We are due to view a demo this Friday of SellerActive but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or a similar aggregator? Ideally, I was hoping to one dashboard within Volusion so we don't have to constantly check different dashboards to see if we have orders, etc. This way, everything would just flow into Volusion and we can adjust inventory levels on the fly, address orders, have one central customer database, etc. Any one have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
    Marc
    Last edited by Lightning2000; 05-22-2018 at 06:57 AM.

Sounds like a good idea. Let us know your opinion, please!
    Personally, I cannot stand Walmart's marketplace- as a customer. I will never shop from it and so I will certainly never attempt to sell there either. (I am too small a niche market to be worthwhile, in any case).
    Good luck!

I hear ya Melanie. I also don't like the fact that you cannot sell on their web site at a higher price than elsewhere. Who are they to dictate pricing when they get a cut of the total sale? I can understand that is their philosophy when they brow beat their own vendors into getting lower prices, but a marketplace is different. Still, I'd like to test them this holiday season just to see if the aggravation is worth it. I'm more interested in getting things started on the other marketplace sites and hopefully have everything under one roof instead of viewing multiple dashboards. Seems like a recipe for going crazy quickly.

Marc

Funny side note on the Walmart marketplace - we were travelling and saw a customer trying to return goods at walmart's counter. The cashier said "Sorry, you bought these on marketplace, we didn't sell them and cannot take them back", then the customer ranted about 100% satisfaction guarantee, etc. Just something to consider when selling third party. While the customer probably doesn't realize or understand the difference, it's just another part of the new ecommerce landscape. Let us know how SellerActive goes!

There's upside and downsides to running a pure e-commerce venue and I've given up trying to explain a bunch of things to our clientele, such as the difference between using a credit and debit card, pre-orders, and physical store fronts. It isn't rocket science, and it is what it is.

We are getting the demo on Friday. If its too difficult to use, particularly during the busy holiday season, then I'll take a pass. I'm sure others are working on a similar system of accessing all of the major marketplace sites from one distinct dashboard, which is what we are after.

Marc

So I was quite impressed with the SellerActive demo on Friday. So much so that we have a webinar with Walmart this Tuesday being run by Seller Active. One thing their software does is simplify the onboarding process with Walmart's Marketplace. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out their Excel-based program to get a product listed. Active Seller has an easier-to-use template so that you just fill in the required fields. They also have a robust repricing tool that allows you to modify a price on-the-fly depending upon your competition. Pricing is a bit high but if it has a major impact on one's revenue, then I can see it paying for itself.

Anyway, they have a sandbox program to play around with which I plan to do shortly. I'll then put together a bunch of test items to see how they appear on each Marketplace and how quickly they generate revenue. If, after a few months nothing happens, then I'll revisit how effective it is as a marketing tool.

Marc
    Last edited by Lightning2000; 05-27-2018 at 05:42 PM.