Dynamic Checkout Buttons - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: Dynamic Checkout Buttons

Dynamic Checkout Buttons

So, how important are dynamic checkout buttons on your web site:

https://help.shopify.com/manual/usin...namic-checkout

Seems like it makes sense and I wish we had more buttons to implement such as "pre-order". I don't understand why V has trouble implementing these types of tools/improvements and others don't.

Marc

Seems confusing to me. Doesn't that button take you automatically to checkout? I would rather have the person shopping around more and not go straight to checkout. Most of my customers buy multiple products.
    Plus, with the constraints outlined on Shopify, I would be confused that I see the button on some products and not on others (where there are too many options and the dynamic button doesn't work).

Or am I confused about how it works?

I don't know. Depends upon your business, clientele, need to streamline the payment process. I'm on the fence about it, but it would be nice to have the option should I decide to try it. What I'd really like is a Pre-order button, and the subsequent ability to break up an order we receive that calls for both in-stock merchandise as well as pre-ordered stuff. Its always been a nightmare for us.

Marc

Although it is not something I would use, I like the idea of a pre-order button. Or a way to be able to order in-stock and out-of-stock items to ship separately (and charge the customer shipping). Right now, I don't allow back-orders because I can never be certain when/if I will be able to fill stock of certain items. The customer has to do the "email me when back in stock" and I have to hope they will order when it comes in.