Prices going up! - Page 3 - Ecommerce Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prices going up!

We have been off Volusion for the past year on Magento, and I feel we are much better for it in the end.

I hope Miva works out for you moving to it.

I selected the Premium Limited plan. Basically the same plan I was on with the bandwidth limits. Went from $135 to $202 per month. Not happy but better than the $299 per month plan they were going to auto switch me to. They did offer to give me the Business unlimited plan for a $249 because we are a "good" customer. Since we don't come close to hitting the limits it wasn't worth it. Probably end up closing the Volusion cart and direct everything to our 3dcart store.

What is going on with reviews?

Ritchey... what do you mean?

Automatically bumped me from $79 to $299, crazy! I'm still fighting to get it changed back and refund.

I have 20 years experience in ecommerce as a sales rep, developer, shop owner, and payment gateway / merchant account provider. Magento (most flexible) and 3dcart are my two top recommendations. Before you change, find out which payment gateways will help manage authorization compliance and stored card rules- It's not automatic with ANY payment gateway.
    Simple check up if your payment gateway is a problem now:
    https://3dmerchant.com/blog/merchant...n-fees-checkup
    Christine
    Payments Expert
    Volusion User since 2007

Finally saw my new pricing with V... let's just say I'm not sure how this "For Life" price structure is going to work.. you lock in for life, which means if everyone takes the cheapest plan and their business continues to grow it will once again cause V to run out of resources and deliver poor service. I'm exporting all my data one last time and then it's lights out. Haven't missed it once in the past 3 months though! BTW- this forum seem quite dead..

My pricing went from around $200 per month to $1360 per month.

We are looking at the options to move but wondering if anyone has had luck negotiating new pricing?

Once again... it is a trade-off in V headaches vs learning some new platform and the headaches that come with that. They all have headaches... just a matter of changing them around.

My costs went up significantly also.

And yes, this forum seems quite dead.

I still get errors on page loads now too, and sent them to Erik months ago.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2777
    Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2791

Forum is totally dead. I'm still here...

If you get this crazy pricing, call up and ask for discounted pricing. I received pricing 60% off the "new" price with a 1 to 2 year agreement. If you are pondering a move, this gives you some breathing room.

We signed up a few years ago with a 2-year agreement that brought down our monthly costs and does not add in any bandwidth charges. I recommend each of you do the same thing if you plan on staying with V for the long haul.

Marc