Prices going up! - Page 4 - Ecommerce Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Prices going up!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning2000 View Post
    Moving to BigCommmerce or Magento or any other site seems risky at best, as Shopify continues to gain traction in the e-commerce space . . .

What I am worried about is getting a notice from V saying you have 30-days to move off the V platform before the lights get turned out. That would be a scary proposition.
    Marc
    I think BigCommerce is solid and a great choice. I don't see them going anywhere. Yes, Shopify is a growing giant, but there are some issues with them that don't make me feel comfortable. BigCommerce is everything Volusion isn't, plus they have a solid platform that will rank on Google. Volusion code has sucked since day 1. Google hates it.

Anyway, I would be very concerned about the Volusion "lights getting turned out" as you describe. Stores are bailing and no new ones will sign up. The pathetic Volusion support staff will all be looking to bail too, so soon there won't be a Volusion. I would get out by choice before the choice is no longer yours. We will be on Big Commerce within 30-45 days, and I am seriously excited!!!

I'm just mad at myself for being too lazy to do this 10 years ago.

Mike R

We're still on V. But we just got notified that our "Prime" level plan price is going up; we were at $500. New price will be just under $2000 per month.

We weren't really planning on moving right now, but this is definitely pushing us to start looking and planning...

Quote Originally Posted by adventureguide View Post
    We're still on V. But we just got notified that our "Prime" level plan price is going up; we were at $500. New price will be just under $2000 per month.

We weren't really planning on moving right now, but this is definitely pushing us to start looking and planning...
    I have heard about the massive jump to $2000 from more than I can count. Bankruptcy equals a dire need for cash flow. I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring back the despised and unprecedented "bandwidth fees" again. Right now they will do anything they can to drain your bank account.

Our migration is moving along well. Yes, it is a lot of work, but I am so excited. Volusion has been a prison, and we're escaping!

Just FYI, we changed plans at the last minute and went with MAK Digital Design. I have been really impressed with their communication, work, and professionalism so far.

Mike R