Prices going up! - Ecommerce Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prices going up!

Prices going up!

Well Kevin,

Fuck you and fuck Volusion!

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

We wanted to let you know about a few changes occurring at Volusion. Firstly, we will be increasing our pricing which will affect costs associated with WWW.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.COM beginning on your next billing cycle.

At Volusion, we do not take pricing changes lightly. In the past 15 years we have only made minor changes to our plan prices despite large-scale investments in our platform, people and infrastructure, as well as the general inflation of the SaaS market. Over the past year we’ve made some significant enhancements, and are now increasing plan prices in order to increase R&D and product development in 2019 and beyond. Read more about our recent advancements and integrations.

Secondly, we are now offering Unlimited plans! We’ve reviewed customer feedback in regards to data transfer fees (bandwidth), and as a result, we have created a suite of new plans that will remove bandwidth and visit limitations, allowing merchants to more freely test new traffic sources and scale. Your Unlimited plan level will be based on your current gross merchandise volume and the number of products hosted on your store.

We have chosen the appropriate plan for you based on our records, so no action on your part is required. However, if you would like more information on how these price increases will directly affect your costs or if you would like to review your plan options, please refer to our Plan Selector for full details.

Regardless of which plan you choose, you can expect frequent product innovations and continued world-class customer support moving forward.

We truly appreciate serving you.

Sincerely,

Kevin Sproles
    Founder and CEO

Don't want to get emails like this? Unsubscribe from our emails
    intercom

Did you notice that the links in the email don't work?
    I wrote back and asked them to actually TELL me what they think my new plan pricing should be. Looks like it is either $79 or $299, the only difference being "priority support". That is such a laugh... they better be converting my account to $79... which will actually be a decrease in price for me!
    Of course, who knows what all the "add-ons" will entail to bring it back up again...

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieF View Post
    Did you notice that the links in the email don't work?
    I wrote back and asked them to actually TELL me what they think my new plan pricing should be. Looks like it is either $79 or $299, the only difference being "priority support". That is such a laugh... they better be converting my account to $79... which will actually be a decrease in price for me!
    Of course, who knows what all the "add-ons" will entail to bring it back up again...
    I am thinking exactly the same thing as you. I'd like to know which plan i was switched to.

EDIT: just found that 100k sales per year is $79 and $500k is $299/month.
    Last edited by reigny; 09-25-2018 at 08:56 AM.

https://www.volusion.com/v2/pricing

Does not say anything about sales limits on the pricing page! False advertising? Or do you have to select v2 to get this pricing?

https://www.volusion.com/pricing

i contacted volusion through chat. they apologized for the link not working and sent me my personalized link. Do the same so you can view your pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by reigny View Post
    i contacted volusion through chat. they apologized for the link not working and sent me my personalized link. Do the same so you can view your pricing.
    Did they mention a transaction fee as they do on the V2 pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by OHC View Post
    Did they mention a transaction fee as they do on the V2 pricing?
    the link to the v2 pricing redirects to the new pricing. it says 0% transaction fee.

the link to the v2 pricing redirects to the new pricing. it says 0% transaction fee.
    I see the attached when I visit the pricing page.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It is all quite confusing to me.
    The "upgrade" plan is quite different from the V2 pricing, which makes no mention of transaction fees or other restrictions at all.
    In any case, they are nearly doubling my monthly cost. No $79 for me...

Time to look elsewhere again? Why does this always happen just before the holidays?!

I see the attached when I visit the pricing page.
    I don't have a /v2/pricing link. I see it redirect to/pricing and have the attached image. Looks like the price is $199 to me based on what Volusion told me.

https://ibb.co/bZC3nU

pricing.jpg
    Last edited by reigny; 09-25-2018 at 01:30 PM.

I don't have a /v2/pricing link. I see it redirect to/pricing and have the attached image. Looks like the price is $199 to me based on what Volusion told me.
    You may be seeing the cached version of the old pricing site. I had the same issue a while back until I cleared my cache. Then the pricing page would redirect to the v2/pricing.

You may be seeing the cached version of the old pricing site. I had the same issue a while back until I cleared my cache. Then the pricing page would redirect to the v2/pricing.
    ok. i now see the v2 pricing with the transaction fees. However V support told me there are 0 transaction fees.

You're welcome! 😀

is there any type of transaction fee?

3:05 pm

Nope, no transaction fees at all!

perfect!

From V:

While there are no restrictions on our V2 plans based on GMV, I would caution against moving to a V2 plan. modernherbshop.com appears to use the Volusion API, and V2 stores do not yet have API access.

In addition to doing away with bandwidth limits, these new unlimited plans will also offer a free SSL certificate for the lifetime of the store, as long as modernherbshop.com remains hosted with Volusion.

Thank god they are removing bandwidth. For a minute there I thought it was just a price rise....lol

In a super competitive market - every dollar counts...its a savvy market. I know if I increase prices I will loose some customers..

Well for me the cost doubled, for what, what am I getting today that I wasn't getting yesterday. I cannot even get a hold of anyone at Volusion to cancel my Dev store, which I no longer need / want. Moving out soon, packing my bags, c ya later Volusion.