Volusion CRM - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: Volusion CRM

Volusion CRM

With my new plan, I now can use CRM, not sure I want to. Anyone use it and pros and cons if any?

I used it for many years, but had so many headaches with it, that I stopped using it, got a gmail "help" account, and switched all help-type email to that. The CRM is a piece of garbage, IMO.
    Trying to think of all the reasons, but I think I blocked them. Just remember that is was a real pain and on a couple of occasions, V support's response was "yeah, it doesn't do that- you might want to make an upgrade request..."
    -- a lot of spam came thru via the contact us form
    -- email often broke down and tickets didn't come thru
    -- there was an issue with character translation that could never be resolved (i.e. I saw only garbage)
    -- "inbound rules" were difficult to work with. I had to set up > 15 to filter out spam, etc.
    -- if you have more than one email address, you have to pay $$ for it (on my plan i did)

Thank you, this is what I needed to know!

The only nice thing I ever found with the CRM was the user info would populate if they were a customer, so you could save a few clicks, but only if they sent from an email address that was on their account. One of my MAJOR gripes was it didn't parse HTML so if someone sent HTML only, you'd have to copy and paste it, save as a .HTML file and open in a web browser. MAJOR pain.

We use LiveHelpNow as CRM and it's okay. I've tried Zendesk and a few others, but finding a CRM that integrates with the backend well was difficult. Now that we have re-platformed, I am looking again, but if your a one-person shop, a google inbox might be much easier. We have to find something suitable for our team.

Quote Originally Posted by marc.vasquez View Post
    The only nice thing I ever found with the CRM was the user info would populate if they were a customer, so you could save a few clicks, but only if they sent from an email address that was on their account. One of my MAJOR gripes was it didn't parse HTML so if someone sent HTML only, you'd have to copy and paste it, save as a .HTML file and open in a web browser. MAJOR pain.
    Yup... forgot about the html thing... another pain.

And as for email addresses- the populating the info thing only works if they submit the crm from the account they use to log in... IF they have a log in... and you see only orders associated with that particular login ID. I have many regular customers with multiple email addresses and forget the anonymous checkout customers...

I am a small shop and using a gmail account is working for me. Not the best, but better than V's CRM, for certain.