Volusion CC Hack - Ecommerce Forums

Thread: Volusion CC Hack

Volusion CC Hack

https://blog.usejournal.com/sesame-s...s-21eb51ec613b

Just crazy. I feel for anyone still on Volusion. This is not going to be a pretty cleanup. Hopefully none of those on here were directly affected.

Quote Originally Posted by marc.vasquez View Post
    https://blog.usejournal.com/sesame-s...s-21eb51ec613b

Just crazy. I feel for anyone still on Volusion. This is not going to be a pretty cleanup. Hopefully none of those on here were directly affected.
    Just read the same thing in BBC https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-49986737 this will be really hard on the affected merchants since at the ends they're responsible for their sites and institutions can go after them.

Not trying to push 3dcart, but I'll be glad to help anyone looking to switch from Volusion, it might be a stretch to do it before the holidays but based on the severity of the hack, sites could even be shutdown. Might be a good idea to start a backup site in case you need it.
    Jimmy Rodriguez
    3dcart.com

We were affected, and it has scared the absolute hell out of me. With the negative implications of Volusion's failures looming over our upcoming Christmas sales and consumer confidence in any store still on the Volusion platform, I am concerned that this will be the final nail in our proverbial coffin. Too late to change so close to Christmas. Volusion has likely destroyed us. I will be interested to see if merchants file a class-action suit against them.

This is the story of Volusion. They have always been behind the game, watching as other platforms brought out the latest and greatest updates and tech and only responding 16 to 24 months later. Our sites are always the last to do what they SHOULD do. Now, apparently, Volusion can't even keep up with crucial security protocols. Lagging there may be the biggest blunder yet! Oh that I had left years ago like the rest of you. You guys made the right move!

We're making the switch to Shopify at the beginning of the New Year and hope they are more proactive than Volusion in preventing these things from occurring. We were making the move largely for other reasons but this incident has proven that they cannot be trusted with our customer's information. Fortunately, more and more people seem to be using online wallets (Amazonpay, PayPal, etc.) as opposed to traditional credit cards, so this may, in and of itself, help to mitigate any issues coming of this.

Marc